It's almost like Canon knew the photography industry was going to shrink and have planned accordingly over the last 5+ years. Canon has started to invest heavily into commercial printing, healthcare, industrial equipment and network cameras. We've seen a few acquisitions in those sectors over the last few years.
Embrace the challenge of new growth through a grand strategic transformation
- Establish a new production system to achieve a cost-of-sales ratio of 45%
- Reinforce and expand new businesses while creating future businesses
- Restructure global sales network in accordance with market changes Restructure global sales network in accordance with market changes
- Enhance R&D capabilities through open innovation
- Complete the Three Regional Headquarters management system capturing world dynamism