|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
Below is some Google Translated information from Canon marketing material about the upcoming Canon Speedlite EL-1, which is the new flagship Speedlite for the EOS lineup.
Canon Speedlite EL-1 Information (Google Translated):
Stabilization of light emission amount and improvement of continuous light emission performance
- By adopting a newly developed highly durable xenon tube, it suppresses variations in the amount of light emitted and realizes stable light emission.
- Equipped with a newly developed active cooling system that uses a blower fan and glass panel. By circulating air inside the strobe, the temperature rise of the heat spot is suppressed. Heat resistance is improved by combining with a highly durable xenon tube, and the number of continuous light emission is about 160 times.
Minimal emission of 1/8192
- By adopting a newly developed xenon tube and improving the accuracy of light emission control, stable minute light emission of at least 1/8192 is realized during manual light emission.
- The setting range for manual flash has been expanded from 1/128 to 1/8192, expanding the range of use for high-sensitivity shooting. It is possible to create new shooting expressions in scenes that require delicate light, such as when taking a portrait shot against a starry sky with ultra-high sensitivity using a handheld strobe.
Comfortable strobe shooting with the adoption of a new lithium-ion battery
- By adopting a large-capacity lithium-ion battery LP-EL capable of discharging a large current and designing a new charging circuit, high-speed charging with a charging time of approximately 0.1 to 0.9 seconds is achieved from light emission to completion of strobe charging. Speedlite EL-1 alone enables faster charging than when using the combination of “Speedlite 600EX II RT” and the compact battery pack “CP-E4N” with an external power supply.
- Achieves 1/1 light emission of about 335 times when fully charged. It can also be used for mass shooting over a long period of time. By using it in combination with the compact battery pack “CP-E4N”, it can emit about 680 times when it emits 1/1 light.
- For the first time as a Canon external strobe, it supports battery level display. The timing of battery replacement is easy to understand, and battery replacement can be performed efficiently.
- Adopts the same battery charger “LC-E6” as cameras such as “EOS R5”.
Full basic performance and excellent operability
- Achieves a large amount of light emission with a maximum guide number of approximately 60. In addition, the strobe light irradiation angle corresponds to the focal length of the lens, 24-200 mm. By using the built-in wide panel, it also supports the shooting angle of view of an ultra-wide-angle lens with a focal length of 14 mm. In addition, the upward bounce angle has been increased from the conventional 90 ° to 120 °.
- Adopts a dust-proof and drip-proof structure while being equipped with an active cooling system that suppresses temperature rise. Airtightness is maintained by sealing the mating surfaces of the exterior parts. Packing and rubber material are used for the battery compartment lid and terminal cover, and the mounting legs are equipped with a “dust-proof / drip-proof adapter”. Invasion is suppressed.
- Wireless strobe photography via radio wave communication and optical communication is possible. Supports both sender and receiver functions. It is possible to produce a variety of light with an off-camera by arranging the strobe and the camera at distant positions for shooting. -Radio communication The rear curtain can be synchronized during wireless shooting.
- By installing a modeling lamp with two-color LED, lighting is possible while imagining the color and direction of light before shooting.
- Equipped with “FE memory” that allows you to continue shooting with the amount of light emitted by automatic dimming when the light emission mode is switched from E-TTL automatic light control to manual light emission.
- Intuitive operability is realized by adopting a joystick.
- The bounce adapter diffuses the strobe light to suppress the shadow of the subject and achieve a more natural depiction.
- By attaching a color filter, you can change the white balance of both the subject and the background.
- By assigning “strobe function settings” to the camera buttons in the “button customization” of the camera, you can change the strobe settings from the camera and shoot efficiently.