Yay! Free Stuff!
I did a pre-announcement of the contest on Facebook some time ago, and today again at the Planet5D interview. So here it finally is.
The Grand Prize:
The winner may pick one of the following lenses.
The 2nd Prize
A new bag! Once again from Gura Gear.
I will be giving out random prizes to people that participate. You never know when you’re going to get a message from me giving something away.
How it works?
It’s simple, this is a photo contest. The best photograph at the end of the day will win the grand prize. The runner-up will receive the 2nd prize.
Where do I post the images?
You post the images on our forum. There are threads in the forum called “Lens Giveaway Contest”. Post to the corresponding thread for your image submission.
The following categories are what your photos must fall under. We’re going to be pretty lenient on this, the categories are just a guideline.
- Action & Sport
- Black & White
- Creative Lighting
- Event (Wedding, concert, commercial events)
The above links go to the corresponding forum thread.
- All images must be posted in the forum to qualify. No email or Facebook submissions will qualify.
- Images must be 700px wide on their longest axis. Larger and smaller are not permitted.
- You may enter the contest as many times in as many categories as you’d like. Remember, one entry per post.
- No commenting in any of the contest threads. They are strictly for images.
- You must use a Canon camera to make the images. I will request EXIF data of all the winners.
- The contest is worldwide, however there are countries in turmoil I will not ship to. I.E Iraq, Central Africa Republic, those sort of places.
- The contest runs from now until November 15, 2011.
- Only post in the boards that are prefixed with *Contest*
- You may watermark your images, but the watermark must be in the corners and not the center of the image.
- You may give a brief description of your photograph.
- No nudity or pornography. If you have an image that you’re not sure whether it’s appropriate, please email me.
- If you can’t figure out a category to post your image in, please email me.
- I will select the best 10 images from each category after the November 15, 2011 end date. Then a panel of judges will select the best in each category and present them, then the same panel will select the overall winner.
Terms & Conditions
- There is no age restriction
- You retain full ownership of your images. They’re yours, not mine.
The above rules will probably evolve and be added to over the next little while, so please keep checking back.
You may discuss the contest on a thread dedicated to it. It can be read here.