A patent for a 300 f/4L IS II has been filed in Japan. Remember, patents don’t always become real products.
Patent Publication No. 2011-27864
- published 2011/02/10
- filled 2009/07/23
- Embodiment 1
- focal distance f = 294.00mm
- Fno = 4.14
- angle of view 8.24 degrees
- image circle 43.28mm
- lens length 245.03mm
- back focus 86.14mm
The Camera Shake:
- The shake by a human is around 0.1-10Hz (low frequency).
- The shake by a tripod is around 4-35Hz.
- The shake by an in-vehicle camera is several Hz – around several hundred Hz (high frequency).
- The conventional camera shake revision cannot revise a shake of the high frequency.
- Because the shake revision revise a shake by mechanical movement.
- The electro-optic effect supports movement of 100Hz or more kHz.
Pictures after the break.