Canon has released a firmware update for the Cinama EOS C200 camera.
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 incorporates the following enhancements:
When CN-E70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is attached the following features are enabled:
- Autofocus using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF function
- Dual Pixel Focus Guide function.
- The joystick on the camera’s grip unit can be set to operate the zoom.
- Manual control of the iris with Camera’s Control dial.
- Control of focus, zoom and iris using the separately-sold Remote Controller RC-V100.
- Automatic aperture and push auto iris functions.
- Start/stop recording on the separately-sold lens grip ZSG-C10.
- Retrieval of Lens metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance will display on the camera.
- Peripheral illumination / chromatic aberration correction.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 128MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 18.104.22.168.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C200 cameras running firmware version 22.214.171.124.00 – 126.96.36.199.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 188.8.131.52.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the unit’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
The following things are required to perform this firmware update:
- An EOS C200 or EOS C200B camera body
- A computer (OS Requirements: Mac OS 10.7 – 10.13)
- A 128 MB or higher-capacity SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (both commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camera
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file)