Canon has released firmware v1.5.0 for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III. This firmware update brings Canon Log 3, simultaneous movie recording to the two card slots, VPG 400 profile, and more.
Firmware Version 1.5.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fix:
- Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings].
- Support for RAW movies shot with Canon Log 3 and RAW (Light) will be available in a future version of Cinema RAW Development and in Digital Photo Professional software.
- Support for the processing of RAW movies shot with Canon Log 3 and the application of Viewing LUT will be available in a future version of Digital Photo Professional software.
- Simultaneous movie recording on card 1 and card 2 has been added, however RAW movies and RAW(Light) movies cannot be recorded simultaneously on card 1 and card 2.
- Support for the VPG 400(Video Performance Guarantee Profile), a standard based on the CFexpress 2.0 specification, has been added.
- Fixes an issue in which there are rare instances where the shooting settings for Still Photo mode are retained when a user switches to Movie mode.
Some of our articles may include affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.