|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
I'm still surprised how many people don't know the CHDK project exists.
The following can be added to your Canon point and shoot camera.
* Shooting in RAW, with RAW Average, RAW Sum, and RAW Develop features
* Live histogram (RGB, blended, luminance and for each RGB channel)
* Zebra mode (live-view under/over-exposure subject-area alerts)
* DOF-calculator, Hyperfocal-calculator with instant Hyperfocal and Infinity focus-set, and more
* Battery indicator
* RAW and Video space-remaining gauges with custom low-limit alerts
* Scripts execution (exposure/focus/bracketing, intervalometer and more)
* USB-cable remote shutter-release
* Motion-Detection triggered photography (fast enough to capture lightning strikes)
* Customizable high-speed continuous (burst) Tv, Av, ISO, and Focus bracketing (unlimited shots)
* 99 constant bit-rate and 10 constant-quality video compression levels
* 1 Gig video-size limit removed in earlier cameras
* Zoom during video for cameras without
* Shutter, Aperture, and ISO Overrides (shutter speeds of 64″ to 1/10,000″ and higher)
* High-speed Flash Sync at all speeds up to 1/64,000 second (even faster in some cameras)
* Custom framing, cropping, and alignment viewfinder Grids (user editable)
* File browser
* Text reader
* Some fun tools and games :)
* Fully customizable CHDK display, info placement, user-colors, fonts in menus, etc.
* Custom CHDK User-Menu (for instant recall of up to 10 favorite functions)
* And other features too numerous to mention here. See the CHDK Firmware and Allbest Firmware usage pages for a more complete overview.
If you knew already, that's great. This is merely a public service announcement/reminder on a very slow day for Canon info.
Visit the site here: