Canon Software Solution Allows Select EOS Interchangeable Lens Cameras to Function as High-Quality USB Webcam

If you need something now for MacOS have a look at Cameralive+CamTwist, it worked fairly well for zoom, hangouts and skype when I tried it 2 weeks ago, but it won't for for facetime.
The above is a bit clunky, so I hope Canon will release a proper MacOS version soon. And keep supporting and improving it.
cheers mate appreciate it will try em out

Upvote 0
Better than social media, a Canon Support representative has said he understands a Mac version is under development -- posting #85 on this page:
https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/...affiliate&utm_source=VigLink&utm_term=6149335

A number of people have mentioned they've downloaded the version for <name a camera model>, but isn't it, in fact, the same software irrespective of which camera you're going to use?

It'd be a pretty horrible solution if you had to use particular versions for each model of camera you might connect!
I downloaded the 5D1V version, but I can confirm that it works with 550D, 7D & 5Diii.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I have two M bodies, and neither are included :(
There are many reports of the software working satisfactorily with a number of cameras which aren't listed by Canon as compatible, so, if you would like this functionality, it's worth trying it. Just download the software, install it and try it out.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0