Hot Deal: Canon EOS RP $687, Canon EOS R $1223 and more!

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA store is having a huge sale on refurbished gear, below is what is available for the Canon full-frame mirrorless lineup.
Canon mirrorless bodies:

Canon EOS R Body $1223
Canon EOS R w/24-105mm f/4L IS USM $1911
Canon EOS RP Body $687
Canon EOS RP w/24-105mm f/4L IS USM $1453
Canon EOS R5 body $3899 (Currently listed as in stock)

Canon RF lenses

Canon RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM $475
Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM $747

Canon DSLRs

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $1758...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

goldenhusky

CR Pro
Dec 2, 2016
Canon online store is a joke these days. I saw the notification from cpricewatch around 1 am EST and immediately looked at the refurb only to find the EOS RP + 24-240 kit was out of stock. I have been waiting on a deal on this combo since Halloween. From my previous experience Canon stock will be in and out so I kept on checking while working on something else. But I ordered a RP body alone thinking just in case... and around 2am I saw the RP + 24-240mm kit showed in stock. So I added one to the cart and tried to check out, guess what the camera magically disappears from my cart. I checked again and found it still showed in stock. So I added one again and this time I was able to check out. So I had 2 orders at this point one for just the RP body and another for the kit. When I checked my order status online around 9am, my RP kit shows backordered but the RP body showed 'Inventory fulfilled'. I called Canon after 9am and was on the wait for over a hour before talking to a sales rep and explained him the story and I told him I just want the RP + 24-240mm kit but not the body alone. He told me the kit is not in stock. I told him it still shows in stock, he looked at the store and sure enough it was in stock. Then he went on to say the system is working as designed. I was like WTF? So a system basically shows an item is in stock when it is not really in stock is working as designed? Good innovation Canon!!!. He added that Canon does not sell the user returns as new even though they may not even be opened but inspects and add those to the refurbished pool, they also show items in stock anticipating there will more returns coming in to the pool and also some sales will fall through. I agree with the logic of getting few orders more to make sure you can sell all the stock but if I were doing this I will take the orders as "back order" not telling people "In Stock" but there is no logic in Canon' world so they go wild it seems. I think it is fairly common sense not to disappoint customers by showing something is in stock when ordering and only to tell them they are back ordered but in Canon' world it is OK to disappoint customers. Lately Canon sounds like is being run by a bunch of clueless clowns. Sorry for the rant but this non sense is going on Canon at least since 2017 and they are claiming that's how they have designed their system. I am left out wondering where did our good old friend "common sense" go these days.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Canon online store is a joke these days. I saw the notification from cpricewatch around 1 am EST and immediately looked at the refurb only to find the EOS RP + 24-240 kit was out of stock. I have been waiting on a deal on this combo since Halloween. From my previous experience Canon stock will be in and out so I kept on checking while working on something else. But I ordered a RP body alone thinking just in case... and around 2am I saw the RP + 24-240mm kit showed in stock. So I added one to the cart and tried to check out, guess what the camera magically disappears from my cart. I checked again and found it still showed in stock. So I added one again and this time I was able to check out. So I had 2 orders at this point one for just the RP body and another for the kit. When I checked my order status online around 9am, my RP kit shows backordered but the RP body showed 'Inventory fulfilled'. I called Canon after 9am and was on the wait for over a hour before talking to a sales rep and explained him the story and I told him I just want the RP + 24-240mm kit but not the body alone. He told me the kit is not in stock. I told him it still shows in stock, he looked at the store and sure enough it was in stock. Then he went on to say the system is working as designed. I was like WTF? So a system basically shows an item is in stock when it is not really in stock is working as designed? Good innovation Canon!!!. He added that Canon does not sell the user returns as new even though they may not even be opened but inspects and add those to the refurbished pool, they also show items in stock anticipating there will more returns coming in to the pool and also some sales will fall through. I agree with the logic of getting few orders more to make sure you can sell all the stock but if I were doing this I will take the orders as "back order" not telling people "In Stock" but there is no logic in Canon' world so they go wild it seems. I think it is fairly common sense not to disappoint customers by showing something is in stock when ordering and only to tell them they are back ordered but in Canon' world it is OK to disappoint customers. Lately Canon sounds like is being run by a bunch of clueless clowns. Sorry for the rant but this non sense is going on Canon at least since 2017 and they are claiming that's how they have designed their system. I am left out wondering where did our good old friend "common sense" go these days.
TLTR

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
For all the Moaning Mona's...Canon has never been known for deals, especially after the advent of MAP. The Refurb store along with discount codes is THE chance to score. You snooze you lose and furthermore, the stock is hit and miss.
The Canon refurb store is how I landed a sweet, sweet deal on my 80D. It was cheaper to get the refurb kit - 80D, 18-55, 55-250 STM lenses - than the 80D by itself when I ordered mine - in July of 2019. Got it all for $699.99 USD.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
The Canon refurb store is how I landed a sweet, sweet deal on my 80D. It was cheaper to get the refurb kit - 80D, 18-55, 55-250 STM lenses - than the 80D by itself when I ordered mine - in July of 2019. Got it all for $699.99 USD.

Getting an RF 24-105 f/4 L with an RP as an accessory for $1350 meant, effectively, I got an RP for 250 bucks, since the lens would otherwise have set me back 1100 dollars.

(I just haven't found an actual use for the RP. I've yet to take a picture with it in earnest.)

• Wow
Upvote 0

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
Getting an RF 24-105 f/4 L with an RP as an accessory for $1350 meant, effectively, I got an RP for 250 bucks, since the lens would otherwise have set me back 1100 dollars.

(I just haven't found an actual use for the RP. I've yet to take a picture with it in earnest.)
Great deal there! From everything I've read and seen online, the RF 24-105mm f/4L is a better lens than its EF counterparts. You must have an RF mount body already if you're not using the RP. I would like to get one of those but would also need the grip and an EF-RF adapter and budget constraints. (I think it's a little small for my hands - which aren't large but I don't like small bodies.)

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Great deal there! From everything I've read and seen online, the RF 24-105mm f/4L is a better lens than its EF counterparts. You must have an RF mount body already if you're not using the RP. I would like to get one of those but would also need the grip and an EF-RF adapter and budget constraints. (I think it's a little small for my hands - which aren't large but I don't like small bodies.)

Oh, I've used the lens quite a lot! I was able to get an R5 on release day. I didn't bother buying a "kit" with the 24-105 because the kit was actually one cent more than the two purchased separately!

(On release day all I had that would fit was my EF 100-400 L mk II, and some low-price EF primes. So here I am in Garden of the Gods park with an R5 fitted with the 40mm pancake (my widest available lens), swapping it for the 100-400 L, back and forth...The next day I bought the 15-35mm seeing no point in holding off on it, meanwhile I was waiting for that refurb kit to arrive!)

• Love
Upvote 0