Preorder: NiSi RF 15mm f/4 Sunstar

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
You can now preorder the recently announced NiSi RF 15mm f/4 Sunstar. A compact and unique offering for Canon’s RF mount.
Unique Aperture Design.
The NiSi 15mm f/4 Sunstar Super Wide Angle Full Frame ASPH Lens features a unique aperture design that contains 10 straight blades allowing for Sunstars from f/4 to f/22 and optimal image quality throughout. This breaks the paradigm of requiring a small aperture to create a Sunstar.
Preorder the NiSi 15mm f/4 Sunstar at Adorama $579

Continue reading...

Mar 25, 2011
No information about electrical connectivity on the Adorama page or the Nisi site. It is obviously manual focus, but is the aperture controllable with the camera, does it provide shooting parameters to the camera? I generally have no use for ultrawide, I have a old Tokina 17mm that seldom gets used. I'm not impressed by the sun stars since they can be easily added in post, so it will be interesting to see the reviews as to a image quality comparison.

Upvote 0
I could only find mention of electronic contacts for the competition, but I'll take your word for it.

at the end of the review he's comparing the NiSi lense with some other lenses:
"Both lenses do not transmit Exif data to the camera."
"Like the NiSi lens reviewed here there are also no electronic contacts and the price is similar."

Upvote 0