Stock Notice: Canon EOS R5 body at Adorama

davidcl0nel

Canon R5, 17 TSE, RF35+85 IS, RF70-200 4 IS, EF135
Jan 11, 2014
Berlin
www.flickr.com
it's small, but I'm worried I'll miss the GPS!

I usually use GPS on my phone anyway for tracking and orientation on vacation. So it is no problem to sync the location by bluetooth and the Canon App. It works really.
And it doesn't drain the camera battery and I can't forgot to switch it off...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Alan B

1DX Mark III
Feb 2, 2021
Well i had a online chat with a person where i normally buy all my camera stuff here in the UK. Asking what was the ETA of the Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter to be instock and how big was the reserve list. Because i want/need it when i buy the R5.

He said we do not have a ETA! and there are 80 people waiting on the reserve list, GOLP!

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
And One day my dream will come true as well... that is the R5 and R6 are available in the Canon refurbished store and there is a 15% discount :). The reality is unless Canon fixes up their online store it will be frustrating and disappointing. My RP+RF24-240 kit that I ordered on Dec 1 (order was placed in less that 1 hour 45 min after canon started the sale) has not shipped yet and I believe it never will.
The biggest problem with the store is that they make no indication what is backordered. The stuff I orderred from them was backordered everywhere else so I should have known.

Upvote 0
The biggest problem with the store is that they make no indication what is backordered. The stuff I orderred from them was backordered everywhere else so I should have known.
The USA Canon store is tricky. Sometimes something shows as in stock. You add it to the cart and go through checkout and it shows you won't get it for awhile, you go back to the product page and it then says backordered.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
We are from Czech Republic and for the second time, we have bought thru the Panamoz.com. They are UK based. 3 years ago, they delivered only in terms of UK, so our friend picked it up for us. But nowadays, they deliver to other countries too, namely to EU countries, from France.

The price difference compared to our Czech market is so drastic, that we basically got 24-70/2.8 II for free to our 5DIV back then. Our R5 is on its way nowadays, along with the 24-70 and 70-200, both f2.8. It is a Taiwanese distribution imo, so who knows, what happens if your gear breaks, but then they offer a 3 years warranty. Maybe we were lucky, but for all those 10+ years, not a single Canon gear malfunctioned on us.

Check them out, they respond in hours. Although lens are marked as out of the stock, they were able to find ones for us, as we bought R5 + 2 lens, so it was attractive to them too.
This is interesting. Up to now I bought from E-Infinity and HDEW (UK based too) but now due to Brexit won't we have to pay additional import taxes?

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
This is interesting. Up to now I bought from E-Infinity and HDEW (UK based too) but now due to Brexit won't we have to pay additional import taxes?
From Panamoz site: "All import and customs charges are covered by us". If it's export, they can presumably deduct VAT from UK price and then use it to pay the EU VAT. Same with import tax where it is applied.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
From Panamoz site: "All import and customs charges are covered by us". If it's export, they can presumably deduct VAT from UK price and then use it to pay the EU VAT. Same with import tax where it is applied.
I do hope so. But I cannot be sure what will happen in importation. In Greece there is a 3 range scheme:

Up to 22 euros no taxes
Between 22 and 150 they charge vat
Above 150 they charge importation fees plus vat.
In all cases above 22 couriers charge an additional amount for the "service" This amount used to be around 60 euros for DHL or UPS and is smaller (15 to 20) for public post office.

So I wonder what will happen if I dare to order something. Anyway for now I do not intend to order anything from UK (I ordered RF 85mm 2 from Amazon.de which is supposed to arrive Feb 22nd).

I suppose the way they express it everything will be covered by Panamoz ...

But maybe we will have to declare our VAT number and register ourselves as importers by getting an EORI number. I would rather not...

EDIT: Something interesting: I read that if an item is made in UK then it is not subject to importation fees. This does not refer to our beloved brands of course but it may still prove useful in the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
The R5 has arrived at every dealer in the UK whose mailing list I am on. Canon has clearly held back until they ironed out all the faults. The new batch will never freeze, overheat or not focus on the bird in the foreground. The now unobtainable 100-500mm will be everywhere on re-release with an IS system that parks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

No, because they have a warehouse in France, which is part of the EU. So they transfer our package there and then DHL delivers from France to CZ, so no import taxes there ....

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
No, because they have a warehouse in France, which is part of the EU. So they transfer our package there and then DHL delivers from France to CZ, so no import taxes there ....
Thanks! This is really useful information!

EDIT: I just noticed the following:

Currently we ship to the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain, and the United States.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks! This is really useful information!

EDIT: I just noticed the following:

Currently we ship to the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain, and the United States.

Yes, and - 3 years ago, when we have bought our 5DIV set, there was no option to pay in our local currency. So we paid via a Paypal. This time, we were suggested to select our local CZ currency (which surprisingly got supported by Panamoz), ad it costed us cca 500 USD less, than to have currency exchange done by Paypal themselves!

Upvote 0
We are from Czech Republic and for the second time, we have bought thru the Panamoz.com. They are UK based. 3 years ago, they delivered only in terms of UK, so our friend picked it up for us. But nowadays, they deliver to other countries too, namely to EU countries, from France.

The price difference compared to our Czech market is so drastic, that we basically got 24-70/2.8 II for free to our 5DIV back then. Our R5 is on its way nowadays, along with the 24-70 and 70-200, both f2.8. It is a Taiwanese distribution imo, so who knows, what happens if your gear breaks, but then they offer a 3 years warranty. Maybe we were lucky, but for all those 10+ years, not a single Canon gear malfunctioned on us.

Check them out, they respond in hours. Although lens are marked as out of the stock, they were able to find ones for us, as we bought R5 + 2 lens, so it was attractive to them too.
Good to know, will check them out, tnx :)

I might have to check again, last time I tried it worked with lenses but not with cameras.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Yes, and - 3 years ago, when we have bought our 5DIV set, there was no option to pay in our local currency. So we paid via a Paypal. This time, we were suggested to select our local CZ currency (which surprisingly got supported by Panamoz), ad it costed us cca 500 USD less, than to have currency exchange done by Paypal themselves!
They do not mention your country in shipping destinations however.
( Currently we ship to the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain, and the United States. )
Did you ask for an exception or maybe their policy was different back then?

Upvote 0
They do not mention your country in shipping destinations however.
( Currently we ship to the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain, and the United States. )
Did you ask for an exception or maybe their policy was different back then?

Hmm, interesting. For both purchases, I communicate with one concrete support staff person. But maybe it is just account and multiple persons replying, dunno :) They mentioned, they deliver to CZ. It would not make much sense to offer our local CZK currency as an option. I think that any EU country is covered - for those, they will simply deliver from their France warehouse.

Note: we are still waiting for our gear to move to France and it is more than a week now .... they have Covid disclaimer on their website claiming 7-14 business days due to Covid. Hope all goes well and in a week we will be able to post a photo as a proof :)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0