Stock Notice: Refurbished Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS & Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon USA store has restocked refurbished versions of the Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS & Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS. All refurbished gear from Canon USA comes with a full 1-year Canon USA warranty.
Refurbished Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM $2159 (Reg $2399)

High Image Quality and Bright f/2.8 Wide-angle Zoom RF L Lens
Optical Image Stabilization of up to 5 Stops* of Shake Correction
High Speed, Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus with Nano USM
Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.69′ (0.21m) (Wide), 1.25′ (0.38m) (Tele)
Zoom Focal Length: Focal Length: 24-70mm
Lens Type: Wide Angle to Telephoto Zoom Lens
Image Stabilization: Image Stabilization: Yes (IS)
Special Features: Weather Resistant

Refurbished Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM $2519 (Reg $2799)

High Image Quality and Bright f/2.8 Aperture Telephoto Zoom RF...

Continue reading...

Jul 21, 2010
I have an order for a refurbished 28-70 that is from 11/16/2020 (just turned a year old). Last Canon told me was they didn't expect the order to every be fulfilled. I doubt I will order anything from Canon's website in the future.

Refurbs are hard to preorder because availability is unpredictable. I found a new 28-70/2 in stock last week and ordered it, it will be delivered today.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I have an order for a refurbished 28-70 that is from 11/16/2020 (just turned a year old). Last Canon told me was they didn't expect the order to every be fulfilled. I doubt I will order anything from Canon's website in the future.

Refurbs are hard to preorder because availability is unpredictable. I found a new 28-70/2 in stock last week and ordered it, it will be delivered today.
I didn't even know you could preorder or even place an order for an out-of-stock refurbished item. @neuroanatomist, I'm guessing you do like I do, which is set an alert through Canon Price Watch and then just hope I don't miss the message. Canon does seem to have a habit of replenishing their refurbished stock at odd hours, like late at night or in the early morning hours.

Generally, I haven't been that impressed with refurbished prices unless Canon runs an extra 10-15% off sale, which pretty much stopped with COVID shortages. With the B&H sales tax rebate, the price for new is pretty close if you live in a high sales tax state like I do. I did score a refurbished 70-200 RF 2.8 in late summer, and am glad I did since it came just a few weeks before Canon raised their prices.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I didn't even know you could preorder or even place an order for an out-of-stock refurbished item. @neuroanatomist, I'm guessing you do like I do, which is set an alert through Canon Price Watch and then just hope I don't miss the message.
I haven’t ever bought refurbished. I do use CPW alerts sometimes, but in this case I found the 28-70/2 on my own.

Upvote 0
Hi, All. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but this was the most recent related post I could find and I didn't think starting a new thread was warranted. Especially since, in the time it took for my account to be approved, the situation changed. But just FYI:

I was in the same situation: I had an order confirmation from late 2020 that never shipped (the explanation was: a website glitch resulted in more orders being confirmed than there were lenses available, and the refurbished RF 28-70mm f2 L has been shown as Out of Stock ever since). During my weekly check of Canon's website yesterday, I saw that the refurbished RF 28-70mm f2 L was listed as "In Stock". (As noted above, today it is back Out of Stock.) So I called and was told, yes, they do (did) have them in stock, but they would not honor the $2,200 price that I originally paid (and was refunded when the website glitch was discovered); I would now have to pay $500 more. Which, on one hand, I get. But OTOH since the issue was caused by an error on their end ... well, seems like a missed opportunity for Canon to garner some good publicity/customer loyalty. On the third hand, it's not like they need to do this since the lens is Out of Stock again.

Anyway, just passing along some info in case it might help someone since I've benefitted a lot from info posted here over the years.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Hi, All. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Apologies for bumping an old thread, but this was the most recent related post I could find and I didn't think starting a new thread was warranted. Especially since, in the time it took for my account to be approved, the situation changed. But just FYI:

I was in the same situation: I had an order confirmation from late 2020 that never shipped (the explanation was: a website glitch resulted in more orders being confirmed than there were lenses available, and the refurbished RF 28-70mm f2 L has been shown as Out of Stock ever since). During my weekly check of Canon's website yesterday, I saw that the refurbished RF 28-70mm f2 L was listed as "In Stock". (As noted above, today it is back Out of Stock.) So I called and was told, yes, they do (did) have them in stock, but they would not honor the $2,200 price that I originally paid (and was refunded when the website glitch was discovered); I would now have to pay $500 more. Which, on one hand, I get. But OTOH since the issue was caused by an error on their end ... well, seems like a missed opportunity for Canon to garner some good publicity/customer loyalty. On the third hand, it's not like they need to do this since the lens is Out of Stock again.

Anyway, just passing along some info in case it might help someone since I've benefitted a lot from info posted here over the years.
Canon wound up cancelling the items on my order without cancelling the main order and without telling me they did so. I think the main order is still open. The good thing is that they never charged my card for the order. Still... just about as messed up as it could be. I won't be ordering from Canon's website again. I'll stick to B&H.

Upvote 0