MY dog

ken

Engineer, snapper of photos, player of banjos
CR Pro
Aug 8, 2016
Huntsville, AL
ahsanford said:
And this one is Ruthie, a 2.5y purebred lab who was slated to be a seeing eye dog but caught a nasty infection in the litter and washed out as a result. Does. not. stop. Mad, mad energy.

- A

Beautifully shot photos of beautiful family members. :thumbs_up:

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Appreciated, all!

I really struggle with getting exposure right with dark dogs for a number of reasons:

• I shoot with available light only and here in SoCal the light can be brutally glaring
  • Dark coat + bright surroundings can lead to some difficult exposures, distractingly contrasty images
  • Weird purplish fringing from shiny parts of their coats that I can't defeat in post -- and this can happen even with my nicer L lenses stopped down

So every decent shot feels like a 'one-shot HDR' affair with some criminally overzealous slider work in ACR. Tips appreciated -- and not just exposure goals. Framing and positioning tips are appreciated. I'm an ace with the treats and getting their attention, but I struggle with the light I choose to put those two buckaroos in.

- A

Upvote 0
Cayenne dog service for ai artificial insemination, more common than you might think. The services hormone timing, insemination sperm storage were about 2500$, well storage is about 100/yr.

It is easier to ship frozen semen especially if a plane trip is needed especially in hot no fly months, rather than shipping bitch.n

Cloning can be done, 50k more or less, So a whole camera and lenses system.

Upvote 0
Nice pictures ashanford; I like the humour in the last ones of each series - Olive wearing her scarf looking positively embarassed and Ruthie collapsed after running and playing all day ;)

My wife and I are expecting our household to be extended with a Toller pup by September, so be warned that this thread may be spammed from that time onwards ;D

Wiebe.
And we have the first pictures... We still need to wait another month but could visit the three week old pups :love:
Toller-1358.jpg
Wiebe.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
So Cute!!! I love this little fellow.
0059.gif

Upvote 0