Flowers and other Flora

Jul 31, 2018
Alpine Pink / Dianthus Alpinus

The name says it all. Really pretty little flowers, endemic in the eastern alps = in mountains nearest to me. :)

f00f250c8d9faa7baa9669eaaf2dfff5.jpg

f2c0140a76037459868a3644b27c3e4c.jpg

PS: we also had our first "Edelweiss" sightings this year at the same location ... but i managed to botch the shots. Hope to see some more on next hike.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
@Chaitanya - wow, no lack of orchids and other spectacular flowers there :)
Especially like the Nabhali - is there a well-camouflaged caterpillar under the blossom or is it just a part of the plant?
Image-wise I like the "dynamic" image of the Red Alyce clover best in this series.
Some images in the series appear a bit on the dark side on my screen?

Ceropegia ... "lantern flowers" ... oho, in Europe only as [cultivated] indoor plants ... looking forward to your images :)
I recently started photographing orchids(just found 10th species) and other flowers, one of my friends from herping group has nearly finished with all the orchids and ceropegia found in my state.( only 4 or 5 species out of 90+ orchids that are found natively here and only 2 ceropegia species left both of which are critically endangered)
There indeed is a caterpillar(moth) under that flower which even I noticed while reviewing on PC.
Some orchids are indeed dark due to environmental conditions(very dense fog during monsoons and being arboreal orchids(growing between 15ft to 40ft off the ground) restrictions of shooting with telephoto lens) I photographed them in.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Sometimes it is early, sometimes later - we have no control on this (and for good - we are able to mess up nearly every thing).
I love this photo, just wonder how much you had to decrease the quality in order to fit it in the Forum (I don't think with real landscapes you will rather crop?). Anyway - it remind me somewhat my country of origin and I miss that nature - thanks!

Upvote 0
Sometimes it is early, sometimes later - we have no control on this (and for good - we are able to mess up nearly every thing).
I love this photo, just wonder how much you had to decrease the quality in order to fit it in the Forum (I don't think with real landscapes you will rather crop?). Anyway - it remind me somewhat my country of origin and I miss that nature - thanks!

Thanks! I didn't crop anything. I shot it with a Fuji camera. I like the camera for its size, an important consideration at my age. However, I have mixed feelings about the pictures that come out of it even factoring in the most important element in the picture, the photographer. I have consistently better feelings about my Canon cameras, although there are times when I feel the Fuji does a fantastic job. :)

Upvote 0