Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Arrived in Hong Kong last night, expecting to stay until Saturday night but a force 8 typhoon expected this weekend and so am fleeing on the last flight tonight. I managed to get some studies of Java Sparrows this morning. It was very gloomy and I had to shoot at iso800, which is pushing the 1" sensor, but I was close enough for it to be ok. Catching up on CR at the airport.DSC02485-DxO_javasparrows_small.jpgDSC02462-DxO_javasparrow_small.jpgDSC02449-DxO_javasparrow_small.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Beautiful shots, Alan.
0057.gif

Upvote 0
Arrived in Hong Kong last night, expecting to stay until Saturday night but a force 8 typhoon expected this weekend and so am fleeing on the last flight tonight. I managed to get some studies of Java Sparrows this morning. It was very gloomy and I had to shoot at iso800, which is pushing the 1" sensor, but I was close enough for it to be ok. Catching up on CR at the airport.

So you were using the RX10...
If you had not given the hint about 1" sensor I wouldn't have guessed!
Excellent shots, lots of sharpness in the birds while background is nice and soft (and nicely contrasting darkish green but that is totally due to the photographer ;))

Have a safe flight out!
W.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
So you were using the RX10...
If you had not given the hint about 1" sensor I wouldn't have guessed!
Excellent shots, lots of sharpness in the birds while background is nice and soft (and nicely contrasting darkish green but that is totally due to the photographer ;))

Have a safe flight out!
W.
Thanks Wiebe, and a nice shot of a Grey Heron (or Blue, where you are). Yes, the last week's photos in Malaysia and Hong Kong were all on the RX10IV. It's the current perfect travel camera for when it is not convenient to take the heavy gear, and after this work out I am very happy with it. I got back safely a little earlier today. Unfortunately, Hong Kong is now forecast to be on the direct path of supertyphoon Mangkhut.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Great capture! Beautiful bird.
Handsome bird, handsomely photographed, Max!
Thanks, bluediablo and AlanF.
The falcon was sitting on its post on a lead in the bright sun.
Surely it would have preferred to rise in the sky and somehow I would have done that, too. :cry:
But so I had the chance to work with my model quite intensively ;)

Upvote 0