Very nice pictures, dpc.
0057.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
A quick question:

Do ya'll go out to shoot Black and White with purpose of mind beforehand? Or do you while out, see something you think "hey would look good B&W", or do you do like I seem to always do.....

I have a shot I like but can't get it to look right with color....try B&W filter and Voila...it looks great like that....

LOL....

Just curious how ya'lls process is now that there isn't a choice you HAVE to make a beginning of shoot with physical film.

TIA,

cayenne

Upvote 0
A quick question:

Just curious how ya'lls process is now that there isn't a choice you HAVE to make a beginning of shoot with physical film.

TIA,

cayenne

And the process, really the mindset, is so different with film. Last weekend I shot a music festival and shot two rolls of Tri-X along side a whole lot of digital. With two cameras around my neck trading lenses between the Canon 1N and 5d4, surprising how different the shots were. And what a high percentage of keepers I got from the film. (course at $1 per frame don't hold the button down on the film camera :) And off course the headlining band is using one of the Tri-X shots in their promotion and one of their endorsers (a guitar strap maker) is using one of those shots too.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
And the process, really the mindset, is so different with film. Last weekend I shot a music festival and shot two rolls of Tri-X along side a whole lot of digital. With two cameras around my neck trading lenses between the Canon 1N and 5d4, surprising how different the shots were. And what a high percentage of keepers I got from the film. (course at $1 per frame don't hold the button down on the film camera :) And off course the headlining band is using one of the Tri-X shots in their promotion and one of their endorsers (a guitar strap maker) is using one of those shots too.

But do you believe that you could have made the digital images identical to the ones originally shot on film, had you so wished ?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0