MY dog

Very nice pictures, Wiebe.

Keep posting.
smile.png

Thanks Click; No need to worry about that :p...
How cute!!

Man, look at those eyes!!

Are his eyes really that blue?

Depending on the light his eyes can be blueish-gray, greenish-gray or even a very light grayish-hazel...
In any case - they are very light for a dog. Tollers in general do have light eyes more often, but Sam and his siblings are on the light side; I do not know if they're going to darken with age...

All, thanks for the likes and comments!
W.

Upvote 0
Wiebe! You obviously love your dog, after your photos I love him too... Back in the time one of my friends had a female of this kind and she was very smart!

At least to me and my family - yes he's a very lovable dog, and smart too. We challenge him with new 'obstacles' to find his food every week and it usually takes him only a day or two to figure out how to circumvent those obstacles (obviously, food is a very good motivator ;)).
The only down side of having a (young) dog to take care of is that it leaves me no time left for any birding or other photography... only the longer walks with Sam as a model to exercise my camera.
Wiebe.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
At least to me and my family - yes he's a very lovable dog, and smart too. We challenge him with new 'obstacles' to find his food every week and it usually takes him only a day or two to figure out how to circumvent those obstacles (obviously, food is a very good motivator ;)).
The only down side of having a (young) dog to take care of is that it leaves me no time left for any birding or other photography... only the longer walks with Sam as a model to exercise my camera.
Wiebe.
No need for those stupid birds with such a wonderful little friend!
Great pictures, MORE, please!

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
No need for those stupid birds with such a wonderful little friend!
Great pictures, MORE, please!
Well, I agree with "...such a wonderful little friend" - absolutely! But "No need for those stupid birds": :LOL::LOL::LOL: - I hope you know how the evolution got up to the dogs (and finally to the Humans!)... If you don't believe in the evolution, it's a different problem (...but not mine anyway)!

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Well, I agree with "...such a wonderful little friend" - absolutely! But "No need for those stupid birds": :LOL::LOL::LOL: - I hope you know how the evolution got up to the dogs (and finally to the Humans!)... If you don't believe in the evolution, it's a different problem (...but not mine anyway)!
Be reassured, I'm neither a bird-hater, nor am I a creationist. In fact, I do some "birding" every now and then.
But that little baby-dog is just too cute !

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Baby-dog isn't that "baby" anymore, as adolescent at over half his mature weight Sam is starting to look 'grown up'.
However, first time in the snow - hey what is that stuff - he still has a lot of new experiences :D
TollerSam-3697.jpg

Running around, playing with other dogs he totally forgets about us... ;)
TollerSam-3702.jpg

{7DmkII, EF70-200mm f/2.8 L at f/5.6, 1/400s ISO640}
Wiebe.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Baby-dog isn't that "baby" anymore, as adolescent at over half his mature weight Sam is starting to look 'grown up'.
However, first time in the snow - hey what is that stuff - he still has a lot of new experiences :D
View attachment 182126

Running around, playing with other dogs he totally forgets about us... ;)
View attachment 182127

{7DmkII, EF70-200mm f/2.8 L at f/5.6, 1/400s ISO640}
Wiebe.
Drooling, drooling...
Adolescent, but still lovely!
If only I could manage to forget my Irish setter...after so many years.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Drooling, drooling...
Adolescent, but still lovely!
If only I could manage to forget my Irish setter...after so many years.

You never forget them.
And you never should. I still miss my Bailey now terribly...has been about 3+ years. I'm starting to think lately, that maybe I'm ready for another pup.

Of course, it will NOT replace her, no one could, but I'm thinking I"m almost ready for a new adventure with a new girl....people that say "money can't buy you love" never owned a dog.

The one true source of unconditional love.....in the eyes of your pup.
:)

C

Upvote 0
Thanks all!
For us it is the first dog joining our household permanently (we have minded other dogs before but only for days or weeks) and we love him to bits ;)
We certainly try to earn his loyalty and we enjoy his company - now that we are finally able to dedicate the time he deserves to Sam...

... and it feels so good to be welcomed by a dog so obviously pleased to see you again upon returning from work :love:...
W.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Hi Chaitanya.
You have some nice photographs and I’m sure they help you to remember the good times, we have to get past the sadness of the loss and focus on the good memories.

Cheers, Graham.
It's been hard explaining concept of death to my nephews and nieces who grew up along with her. Those are just handful of photos I had uploaded to flickr, it's always hard losing a good pet dog.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Chaitanya.
It is always hard loosing a pet, we lost our 18yo cat last month. I was in no way suggesting it was not hard, just that the good memories help to ease the pain.

Kind regards, Graham.

It's been hard explaining concept of death to my nephews and nieces who grew up along with her. Those are just handful of photos I had uploaded to flickr, it's always hard losing a good pet dog.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I have no pets now - despite of my daughter's wishes. You can find the reason in the last few posts here - I had sad experience in the very past, when I was a kid.
Here are the dogs of one of my neighbors, I call them the troublemakers: they are really very active and innovative in that role:)! They prove it during the shooting - never looked at the lens:D!
Merry Christmas to everyone (Sam included!)!DSC_4183_DxO-1.jpg

Upvote 0