Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Beautiful shots ISV, OlAf, Alan, Don and others. We had a nice, sunny day yesterday in Southern Ontario. It was cold outside but warm looking through the kitchen window. :geek: The following were taken with my 5DSR and 100-400L with 1.4 TC. The birds were taking advantage of seed and nut feeders. I refilled the good sized seed feeder 3-4 times.
Very nice, in particular the first and last.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Hi ISv, they may be common to you, certainly not in my part of the world ;). V. nice, lots of detail - yet that does not make me recognize what species the young chick (third picture) is... Can you enlighten me?
W.
It's baby White Tern (Gygis alba). They become pure white later.

Upvote 0
Sadly this year we have not had the group of short eared owls return to the local island. Still, I have a female Northern Harrier who is relatively tolerant of me taking her picture.
SDR61007-X2.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0
ISv, can I just say "common" is relative to where we stay, in addition to that images of perfectly exposed birds tend to show them
off at there very best.
We have been fortunate to have had some sunny days here on the East coast of Scotland recently and I managed some outings in a local park.

Attachments

• Tree creeper..jpg
    Tree creeper..jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Bullfinch ....jpg
    Bullfinch ....jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 72
  • KDY Bullfinch..jpg
    KDY Bullfinch..jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
ISv, can I just say "common" is relative to where we stay, in addition to that images of perfectly exposed birds tend to show them
off at there very best.
We have been fortunate to have had some sunny days here on the East coast of Scotland recently and I managed some outings in a local park.
Please post as full images rather than thumbnails!

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Sadly this year we have not had the group of short eared owls return to the local island. Still, I have a female Northern Harrier who is relatively tolerant of me taking her picture.
SDR61007-X2.jpg
Very nice photo ERHP!
But couldn't you wait a little bit until she is done with the makeup?! Kidding off course - great picture!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0