Canon EOS RP Specifications [CR1]

Bob Howland

CR Pro
Mar 25, 2012
The presence of the 24-240 makes me question whether Canon is leaving APS-C for the M series, only. If so, and the R series is confined to large-bodied, full-frame cameras with great ergonomics, I would be a very happy camper :D
Given the relative sizes of the M5/M50 and the SL2, I think that an RP may not be as large as you think. The SL2 is almost as small as the M5 and M50 but uses an EF lens mount, which is the same size as the R mount. I wouldn't be at all surprised if an RP uses the same user interface as an M5 and is only slightly larger. Given that, I wonder if sales of the M series would decrease and by how much.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I would be openly stunned if they don't use the LP-E6N. Its THE battery on every even loosely pro model they have...
It is the battery on every full frame body they make, except for the 1Dx, so yes, they will use the same battery on this body.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
The presence of the 24-240 makes me question whether Canon is leaving APS-C for the M series...

Reality check here. Canon does not decide the future of APS-C, the market does. Canon will make APS-C DSLRs as long as they are profitable. Canon could not care less if people buy mirrored or mirrorless cameras, so long as they buy cameras that say "Canon" on them.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
Reality check here. Canon does not decide the future of APS-C, the market does. Canon will make APS-C DSLRs as long as they are profitable. Canon could not care less if people buy mirrored or mirrorless cameras, so long as they buy cameras that say "Canon" on them.

Yep, agreed ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2013
So a 2019 camera with the specs and sensor quality a 2014 Sony A7 but for $1600? lol. You can get a new a7 for $798 right now. I miss the old Canon who knew what they were doing. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

You can probably get a Sony A7 for a lot cheaper than that...from the garbage cans of real photographers. :love:

If you think a camera with awful ergonomics, lousy color, a crappy EVF and terrible weather sealing is worth $798, go for it!

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
So a 2019 camera with the specs and sensor quality a 2014 Sony A7 but for $1600? lol. You can get a new a7 for $798 right now. I miss the old Canon who knew what they were doing. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Cool, you know the sensor of EOS RP - please share the data, would be very interesting for a lot of us :)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

knight427

CR Pro
Aug 27, 2018

You know you have moved on from a previous relationship when you become indifferent. So sorry to see you still suffering.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
RRS L bracket had a cutout so you can use tilty flippy screen no problem.
I had assumed this must be a solvable problem when I read the comment prior to mine, but not currently having a tilty-flippy screen I didn't even consider it as an issue until today. Glad some have already considered and addressed it!

Upvote 0

cellomaster27

Capture the moment!
Jun 3, 2013
San Jose - CA

This guy. A7 has 4K? crop or no crop? Native ISO of 25600... close enough to 40000 of the EOS R I guess. 4 fps continuous shooting.. with af tracking? that I'm not sure about the A7.

My point is, Sony's first offering was not good. Remember all of the complaints and recalls? AND initial body only pricing for the A7 was... 1699. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0