Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

Aug 26, 2015
I would think that the 1-series replacement at least will have to be bigger, for ergonomics and battery capacity.
Yes, it will have a second CFast 2.0 slot and things like dual Digic 8 processors and heatsinks for 4k60p and 1080p120p
Although it will be an additional model, not a replacement, the 1-series will continue.

Upvote 0
It's just an opinion. It's hardly going to change your mind.
We were all newcomers once.
We might not always have free speech.
I might not agree with them but I'd recognise their right to give their opinion.

=eyeroll=

We didn't all come into this forum and immediately start spouting nonsense. It's a pity so many use their 'right' to do that.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Yes, it will have a second CFast 2.0 slot and things like dual Digic 8 processors and heatsinks for 4k60p and 1080p120p
Although it will be an additional model, not a replacement, the 1-series will continue.
May be the last of the EF series to go indeed. Many wonder if there will be a 5DV or 5DX. I was really hoping for a 5D4 beating R body to begin selling off some EF lenses and get the new 50/1.2. Eh, this camera has been so good to me that its not nice to talk about selling it.

Upvote 0
That’s very interesting. Easily fixable. I’ve only seen a hummingbird in Africa. Amazing type of bird and I expect hard to capture. We don’t have them locally

Was it in a zoo? Wild hummingbirds only occur outside the Americas as vagrants crossing from Alaska to the far east of Siberia.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Have you had enough back paddling yet? Because your claim that the Sony lenses are equal to or better than Canon RF isn’t true at all. No Sony lens comes even close. And it will continue to be so, mainly because Sony didn’t do their due diligence when choosing their lens mount.
Nobody is back peddling.

I'm sure you really believe what you say. That red ring is an omnipotent and infallible God to you. In reality, you are as indoctrinated as any religious follower.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
May be the last of the EF series to go indeed. Many wonder if there will be a 5DV or 5DX. I was really hoping for a 5D4 beating R body to begin selling off some EF lenses and get the new 50/1.2. Eh, this camera has been so good to me that its not nice to talk about selling it.
They are doing a careful and slow transition, as expected (with mirrorless, they don't seem have the techology to top DSLR speed yet anyway).

Upvote 0
Then why do Sony's G Master lenses have IS (OSS)? Even the Zeiss for Sony have it. Yes, even short focal lengths. Lens IS and IBIS work together.
It now tends to be only the newer telephoto (100mm+) G Master lenses that have IBIS. There are a few older Sony Zeiss lenses with OSS, but they pre-date the introduction of IBIS.

Upvote 0
G Master? Are you talking about 100-400 or 400? Those are very different focal lengths to those I mentioned. Yes. IBIS and IS is used together in long focal lengths. I found one Zeiss 24-70 with OSS so I would call it exception.
Yep, that lens was probably in the works either before Sony considered adding IBIS or it had been perfected. It was launched with the original non-IBIS A7(R).

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
I think you've hit a very interesting point, The Rp a foundation for a great travel kit. But there aren't any travel lenses available fro it yet...only large and fast pro lenses. The Rf format lends itself to a a range of super small and light pancake primes or some super small wide zooms. But Canon seem to be blowing their R lens budget on the big ticket pro orientated L lenses. I wonder if Canon have thought about a super small and light 15-35mm f4, a 35-80mm and a 80-300. All designed to be small and light. Then a range of pancake lenses in the f2 arena, 15mm, 21mm (very range finder), 24mm, 35mm, 50mm and a 70mm. Maybe even a 135mm f2.8

Usually, I'll travel with a couple of good small zooms. For instance, my current travel kit is an M5 with an 11-22, 18-150, 15-45 and 32mm.

constant aperture lenses aren't super small, nor super light. I see the 24-240 as being the 18-150 replacement, however we still need a 16-35 3.5-5.6 small and light lens.

I'm sure canon is making, like they did for the M mount, and the EF-S mount, small, cheap and light lenses and not just L's .. the 24-240 is a sign of that.

I was disappointed that this camera did not come with a 28-80 or 24-70 3.5-5.6 small and light travel kit lens, instead comes with the much bigger 24-105L.

Upvote 0
m1mm1m

My only comment is, that's not the most challenging BIF, but it is a positive. There are some evaluations out there that consider the AF with longer lenses, possibly in slightly lower light, to be rather unacceptable, so more clarification/examples would be most welcome since I'm on the fence regarding buying the R.

Jack

Absolutely without a doubt landing pelican images are very far from the most challenging BIF photography.... LOL... Also without a doubt, the "R" is not the optimal BIF camera even with a "proper" BIF lens and no TC. While AF is quick and excellent (as good as XYZ) with a fast lens, no TC, in decent light, and you do get AF all over the sensor, you are still hobbled by the 5fps frame rate. For very fast subjects, the 7D2 eats it alive and even more so, the 1DX2. I have both and would not give up either for an "R" a this point.

My only point was to illustrate that on the "R", AF works sensor-wide with any lens/TC combination at any aperture and it works acceptably enough to even use for some BIF. On most high-end dSLRs, you get center spot from 5.6 to 8 and nothing past 8..... This is way better. For static subjects, AF even at tiny apertures is as accurate as the R's AF ever is... IOW, very.

If having acceptable AF capability at small apertures matters to you at some level..... I would certainly consider it for that as well as it's other attributes. Personally I have 4 issues with the "R" Canon would need to solve before I spend money on this. See my previous posts for what they are. Yes, my current dSLRs are heavier and bigger, but they do what I need done better than the "R" at this point in time and I can live without AF at small apertures.

Upvote 0

knight427

CR Pro
Aug 27, 2018
Primarily, I'd be interested in the RP if it has the ability to auto focus using my 1.4 extender at f8. I checked the system map on the R Supplemental Info pdf and it does not show extenders. I've seen only one R in the field and didn't have the chance to ask the user. I'm sure I could use one and manually focus.

Secondly, I'm assuming that there will be a 1.6 crop mode like the R. I'd like to have this feature.

Macoose

I have just assumed this will be the case since the 6D2 can do it. That would be a deal breaker for me. I'd either step up to the R or save some money and go with the 6D2.

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2015
Except that I have said nothing of the sort that would invite that description. But otherwise... :unsure:

Seriously though, how old are are you?

You made false statements, which I have proven to be wrong with reference to facts. You have back paddled all the way, and your last defence is “how old are you”...seriously??

Edit: by the way, how much is Sony paying you to troll?

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0