Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
Gave it away at the end lol
As a very compact FF stills camera with some basic video features, this will sell well, too, even in 2019 ;)

Absolutely, but just wondering with two cameras being almost identical (in our assumptions here) and at almost identical price points, they would certainly eat into each other. Not into EOS R or 5D4

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2013
And that may well be. Only 72 hours before we know for certain. But as I said before, if Canon is true to it's statement a couple years ago about going forward that everything will have on board ADC, that would at least suggest the same pixel count could still be a new sensor design from that standpoint and thus would throw out "it's just the same sensor, different body" debate. So we'll know soon enough.

Don't forget that Canon made the statement that going forward everything will have on board ADC before the 6D II was announced. Now, maybe it was already too far along in the production pipeline, but if Canon is going for a really low price, I wouldn't be surprised if it is not on board ADC.

But I will probably buy one anyway, as the 6D I used to own had plenty enough DR for all my daytime shooting needs.

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
Don't forget that Canon made the statement that going forward everything will have on board ADC before the 6D II was announced. Now, maybe it was already too far along in the production pipeline, but if Canon is going for a really low price, I wouldn't be surprised if it is not on board ADC.

But I will probably buy one anyway, as the 6D I used to own had plenty enough DR for all my daytime shooting needs.

Correct. But now that the fabrication system is firmly IN place (whereas it really wasn't as the 6D2 was being developed) it seems more likely now. But as I said I don't know the logistics of taking that same 6D2 wafer with 26MP and put it through the new process with onboard ADC. Someone with more technical knowledge will have to chime in.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
More pictures of the EOS RP have been added here:
https://www.nokishita-camera.com/2019/02/eos-rp.html

canon_1.jpg

Looks like the headphone jack hasn't been left out.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
Ugh, I hope I’m wrong but that EVF is disappointing. Really that might be the only thing that stops me from buying it right off the bat.

not sure why you'd think that a entry level camera would have as good of an EVF as the big boys, but what's so dissappointing about 2.36mdot? that's the same specs as the sony's.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
not sure why you'd think that a entry level camera would have as good of an EVF as the big boys, but what's so dissappointing about 2.36mdot? that's the same specs as the sony's.

I really have little first hand expirence with EVFs, just working with the M50 and R side by side. If it’s the same EVF as the M50 than it’s a disappointment to me, “entry level” or not, on a $1300-1600 camera.

Edit: And I am happy to be wrong here, if this is just an issue in my head and works out fine, then even better.

Upvote 0