Two more RF mount lenses could be coming in 2019 [CR2]

Michael Clark:

Yes, the new retail price of the 200 f2.0 L is crazy, but here in Scandinavia I’ve bought two of them at 1/3 of the retail price, one was quite a few hundred dollars less than a new 70-200 mk2. People don’t get how much better it is, or are not willing to carry the weight. So they are very rarely on sale here, and they are a very tough sell. But for me I can buy and sell it and make money on them when I want something else. I’m 100% sure I’m gonna buy a third copy sometime .. then someone in this thread mentioned a RF 200 f2.0 L and I didnt hear anything after that thought set in my head :LOL::LOL:
Ooo...I'd love to be able to find a 200mm f2.0 LIS S/H for a good rate...here in the UK they are all silly prices. Do you have a specific shop you go to that has good S/H prices?

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
The thing that has changed my mind on the extending 70-200 is that the 24-70 is also extending. I put my 24-70 through the same amount of grief that the 70-200 gets, and there's never been an issue, ever. Obviously the 24-70 extends to save room as well, so I don't see why the 70-200 shouldn't. Went from despising the design to wondering why this wasn't how the thing was always made in the first place.

I also wonder if the extending design would protect the lens more from shock--my 70-200 has taken a lot of blows to the lenshood--and that's done a number on the front of the lens barrel, but if it extended, the extended part would just slide back in the zoom as if you pushed-pulled on it.
And here I am wishing their could be a Canon 24-70 that does not extend...

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
The guides shown at item number 8 here: https://snapshot.canon-asia.com/article/en/8-eos-r-focusing-features-we-cant-wait-to-try

I currently use 10x zoom while moving the camera back and forth, which sometimes messes up the composition due to tilt or rotation. I've seen reports that focus guides work with old manual lenses that have been chipped, if that's true it should work with the MP-E as well.

Ahh. I thought you were referring to some mechanical part of the lens.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
This was back to 2012-2013! M did not meet the expectations and Canon put everything on clearance and left several markets including the USA for a few years! They skipped M2 in these regions and officially returned with EOS M3 in 2015. Lenses with a plastic mount (some say to save weight) and bodies with PowerShot firmware happened during this period. EF-M 32f1.4 was finally offered as a finer glass after 7 years of waiting.

In the U.S. it did not meet sales expectations. In Japan it is the best selling mirrorless system and has been for quite some time.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
Michael Clark:

Yes, the new retail price of the 200 f2.0 L is crazy, but here in Scandinavia I’ve bought two of them at 1/3 of the retail price, one was quite a few hundred dollars less than a new 70-200 mk2. People don’t get how much better it is, or are not willing to carry the weight. So they are very rarely on sale here, and they are a very tough sell. But for me I can buy and sell it and make money on them when I want something else. I’m 100% sure I’m gonna buy a third copy sometime .. then someone in this thread mentioned a RF 200 f2.0 L and I didnt hear anything after that thought set in my head :LOL::LOL:

So where, exactly, is the comment I might have made to which you are responding? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
I've seen the reports but so what?!

Ultimately, Canon cares about how many yen their products generate. Period. It matters not to them if those yen come from Japanese customers or from U.S. Dollars that came from their U.S. customers that are converted to yen, or from Euros from their EUropean customers that are converted to yen.

Upvote 0

bf

Jul 30, 2014
Ultimately, Canon cares about how many yen their products generate. Period. It matters not to them if those yen come from Japanese customers or from U.S. Dollars that came from their U.S. customers that are converted to yen, or from Euros from their EUropean customers that are converted to yen.
I think Canon has found its market for M products and now its seeking the positioning of the R product.

Upvote 0