Show your Bird Portraits

Gorgeous weather back home, and the Peregrine Falcons have returned. Took this yesterday.The 5DSR +100-44mm II (+TC) are a good size to sit comfortably on a BR strap slung over a shoulder while cycling (on an upright Dutch bike).

Nice picture Alan, with the bird fluffed up (still cold despite the sun?)...
Btw., the patina of the roof 's lead lining is almost as nice as the bird ;)!
W.

Upvote 0

AaronT

CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
Gorgeous weather back home, and the Peregrine Falcons have returned. Took this yesterday.The 5DSR +100-44mm II (+TC) are a good size to sit comfortably on a BR strap slung over a shoulder while cycling (on an upright Dutch bike).
Nice shot Alan. Usually the only raptors we have around where I live are Cooper's hawks, and they are quite shy. Yesterday I got a shot of Europe's infamous transplant to North America, the Starling. I got a look into the mouth and it was as disgusting as most of us find the rest of the bird. :oops: I am sure they have some redeeming quality, my wife and I just haven't found it yet. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Nice shot Alan. Usually the only raptors we have around where I live are Cooper's hawks, and they are quite shy. Yesterday I got a shot of Europe's infamous transplant to North America, the Starling. I got a look into the mouth and it was as disgusting as most of us find the rest of the bird. :oops: I am sure they have some redeeming quality, my wife and I just haven't found it yet. :)
Not a selfie, I hope.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada

Very nice shot, Aaron!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0