Deal: Open box deals from Adorama

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Lots of good deals, but I found a couple odd quirks.

The 5DS R is selling for LESS than the 5DS. Isn't this backwards?

A film (yes film) Elan7E is selling for more than a digital Rebel T5. If these are really open box (which I interpret as store displays never purchased), then that Elan7E has been sitting at the store for a looooong time!

Upvote 0
Sorry to rant - this will be my last post (probably). No where on the Adorama link does it say "open box." I think this is a mistaken assumption on the part of Canon Rumors. From what I can tell they just used a software algorithm to list all of their E+ rated used items together in one listing.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Sorry to rant - this will be my last post (probably). No where on the Adorama link does it say "open box." I think this is a mistaken assumption on the part of Canon Rumors. From what I can tell they just used a software algorithm to list all of their E+ rated used items together in one listing.
I think CRguy used the wrong link. Adorama does have an open box rating. But it doesn’t mean the same as Demo.

What Are Open Box Items?
Since an item can be marked as "Open Box" for many different reasons (i.e., returned without original packaging, writing on the original packaging, or manuals, packaging and items opened and tested) they may not include all accessories, manuals or original packaging. We recommend that you inspect and test the product immediately upon receipt. Open Box items are covered under original manufacturer's warranty.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Why mostly are Canon ?
Adorama just made a link to put all their E+ rated Canon items under one tab so Canon users could find them easier. They have a good selection of other used brands as well, it's just a link they created so Canon users would not have to sort through other brands.

Upvote 0