:sleep: Dear diary... it's been over 3 years and I'm still trapped on this island with no rescue in sight... I'm running out of Canonuts to consume... my resources are almost depleted. I'm not sure what to do, but I'm trying to hang in there.
i hear you... taken 100 000+ photos with my current compact camera. it's not in it's greatest shape having a crack on the display and zoom making strange rattling noises and the lens cover flaps getting jammed every once in a while, not to mention the amount of dust inside the lens.
last time i went panasonic (lx10/15) but now i see the supposedly upcoming canon as pretty much the only (new) device to replace it.
with the news early to this year i was so sure that i'd had it by now but no... i'll leave to ibiza on monday still with a heavily used not so reliable travel device.
gotta hope that canon is now not too afraid of the new huawei phones and all and that they are still motivated in releasing the mk3.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

CANNOT

Why, hello there
Mar 13, 2019
I have that Huawei P30 Pro, it's much improved over its predecessor, but it still has a bit of that inherent 'smartphone'-feel to it.
Think every YouTuber and their neighbour's dog shot videos with a G7XmkII at one time, but the world needs a successor.
People going Sony... people going DJI Osmo Pocket (with wide angle adapter and external audio connector), but nothing really seems the same.

Upvote 0

CANNOT

Why, hello there
Mar 13, 2019
Her net worth is like 1 billion. If I had that kind of money I'd start launching a tech platform for products that people/I actually have use for (Xiaomi is a good example).

10 years ago the Cisco Flip MinoHD was the go-to vlogging cam, since then it's been the G7X-series. Sony tried with the RX100, but they're kinda missing the mark (only camera they make worth considering imho is the A7III). The Nikon DL-series would've been amazing. Panasonic kinda missed out on an oppertunity by missing the mark just like Sony has. Others haven't even tried. I personally do like the DJI Osmo Pocket, but it's more of a travel cam than a vlogging one. The Osmo Action is just that, an action cam. The G7X II still is the only all-in-one package (flippy screen, somewhat alright C-AF, little sticky windguards for somewhat ok-ish audio without external mics), but it is showing its age. It was like announced in february 2016. Replacement is well due. Throughout these recent years there's been many rumors even regarding a G5X instead, but no cigar. We need someone to play a hero here and force their hand.

Maybe instead of http://time.com/collection/100-most-influential-people-2019/ we should pick people offa this one to fight the fight: https://www.forbes.com/powerful-people/list/

All jk of course, but still, it's sad.

Upvote 0
So the G7X Mk III will be out next month.
I'm happy.
Yet confused. I don't understand what's the point of having the trouble of releasin two separate devices that are almost identical :( This way they really can't expect people to buy both so why two almost identical to choose from?
I'd really want that extra 20mm for the zoom and the viewfinder but apparently these are not present on the G7. Mic in is is the most vital upgrade for me but why oh why not simply release the G5X Mk II with Mic In?
By any logic one camera with serious upgrades should sell more than two separate that are lacking here and there not don't quite feel like the step up I waited for years!
But yeah, I'll probably get the G7X Mk III. 4k concert videos directly to youtube and my rode videomic x hooked to that mic input sounds like something I really want to be able to do.

Upvote 0