Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
So confused.

My whole life I’ve looked forward to the next upgrade, or been excited about what I can save up for, but I feel a bit lost now!

What am I saving up for!? ‍
Only Canon knows. The one certainty is you better keep saving. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Rivermist

Mirrorless or bust.
Apr 27, 2019
Houston
Eos Rn, dual cards, + joystick.
As a matter of interest, have you tried the use of the back screen as a touchpad to move the focus point? I find that alternative to be as good as, if not better, than the joystick. On the list of "please Canon", I would add a lock on the mode dial similar to the one on 5Ds, etc.. I use the camera almost exclusively in FV mode and it is annoying that the mode dial can be accidentally moved.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
We all talks about r bodies. That's OK. I can afford me an r line up. But don't y think rf lenses are way to expensive. I mean I can't follow the tempo.
Yes, considering that the RP is a entry level FF, there are no entry level zoom lenses to go with it. However, it works great with existing EF and EF-s lenses as well as manual lenses from film cameras. so there are more potential lenses that can be haad for very little $$.
I've yet to justify buying a RF lenses for my R, since it shares lenses with my 5D MK IV.

Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
True... An 80D is a “big save up” for me though so it’ll be a good few years before I can afford anything R

Like you as a mere mortal I have to save for the next toy. I still have a mere 7D but it is doing just fine thank you.
I enjoy watching and dreaming though and I am also saving.
But so far I have not seen a substantial jump in bodies that would demonstrably enhance my ability to take the types of photos I want to.
For me IBIS that works with any old lens back to Canon rangefinder lenses. Excellent low light performance with no noise at high ISOs.
Finally a greater DR would be the definite pull the trigger and pull the savings out but it would need to be 2-3 stops superior to any other camera currently being made or made in the next year.

Upvote 0
So far EOS R line is sinking so bad. looks like nothing could save it. Maybe Canon has a plan to keep DSLR afloat for much longer. Beware, Nokia and Motorola, Canon can't wait to join you in the afterlife.

So that's the main reason because EOS RP and R are sold at MSRP in germany while other cameras prices are sinking. My understanding of market and prices is a little bit different.

Upvote 0
Above anything else, I would like to see an R series body with IBIS. It is probably coming, but sooner would be better than later.

That’s pretty much what I’m hoping for, with a low Megapixel count. Wouldn’t say no to that patented flip up lcd.

Thinking of buying an EOS-R now and keeping it as a camera B/backup to whatever new model is introduced... hopefully sometime before September.

Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2019
UK
Like you as a mere mortal I have to save for the next toy. I still have a mere 7D but it is doing just fine thank you.
I enjoy watching and dreaming though and I am also saving.
But so far I have not seen a substantial jump in bodies that would demonstrably enhance my ability to take the types of photos I want to.
For me IBIS that works with any old lens back to Canon rangefinder lenses. Excellent low light performance with no noise at high ISOs.
Finally a greater DR would be the definite pull the trigger and pull the savings out but it would need to be 2-3 stops superior to any other camera currently being made or made in the next year.

I hear ya.. the thing I want the most is amazing low light performance as my favourite subjects often live in dull, light deprived jungles. I more often than not crop a final image too so a lower number of bigger pixels isn’t really the way to go for me. If the 90D with it’s rumoured 32mpx sensor or whatever it was is clean up to iso 3200 I’ll be happy with that!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0