Pulled the trigger on an R tonight.

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
You should be able to get the R with 24-105 lens for ~$2799. Go to Greentoe and enter a slightly lower offer, perhaps 2650 and they will check with their dealers and counter with the lowest available price from a authorized US dealer.

Too late. Thank you. :)

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
So then it became clear, why the deal was too good to be true :p;)

But I'm glad that you could fix it. A little longer waiting makes the thrill of anticipation even better ;)
It's straight now. Should have it tomorrow. Interestingly, the EF to RF adapter was not included. Had to order one separately. :cry:

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Oh man... that sucks! I gambled on my 85 making it from NY to Nashville with a one day margin, thank god your case wasn’t mine as the lens would just sat in the hotel with no one to take it across the pond...

Waiting for gear is the WORST...
I'd have driven to Nashville and sent it to you... in a few months. I'd want it to look used for the customs and VAT people. ;) BTW: Are you happy with that RF 85?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
:cry:When you pay extra for next day shipping and get all excited because tomorrow is gonna seem like Christmas, and then you wake up and find this. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :

Better than some shipments that came via USPS. I live in New England, and I've had several packages that were approaching the house on time, but then took unexpected detours into other states that place the package further from its destination. NJ -> White Plains -> Long Island -> Upstate NY -> back to the normal track (sometimes back to White Plains), and USPS updates are oftentimes not timely.

The worst are 1-day USPS priority from one of the NYC superstores. It takes 2-3 days to get here. UPS/Fedex will get here in one. MailInnovations is even worse at 3-5 business days -- because 1-2 days is lost on the transfer from UPS to USPS.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Better than some shipments that came via USPS. I live in New England, and I've had several packages that were approaching the house on time, but then took unexpected detours into other states that place the package further from its destination. NJ -> White Plains -> Long Island -> Upstate NY -> back to the normal track (sometimes back to White Plains), and USPS updates are oftentimes not timely.

The worst are 1-day USPS priority from one of the NYC superstores. It takes 2-3 days to get here. UPS/Fedex will get here in one. MailInnovations is even worse at 3-5 business days -- because 1-2 days is lost on the transfer from UPS to USPS.
You know what is real funny? I have a photographer friend that works for UPS at the airport in Louisville. He actually had to unload that very plane. The mechanics were taking the blades out of an engine trying to retrieve a bird that got sucked in.

When we lived in Nevada I used to track packages sent through the USPS. My package would get to Hawaiian Gardens sort facility in Los Angeles, then it would get trucked to Phoenix, AZ where it would be transferred to another truck going back to Los Angeles. From there, it would be sent to Las Vegas. And people wonder why the postal service always runs a deficit. Wild. Happened dozens of times. There is no reason to it at all. Somebody needs to lose a job.

I just got off the phone with Adorama and they are going to refund all the shipping costs, which were over $100, so worth the extra day. Package just got a departure scan from Louisville.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
:cry:When you pay extra for next day shipping and get all excited because tomorrow is gonna seem like Christmas, and then you wake up and find this. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! :
email the seller and ask for a refund of the 1 day shipping. They can deal with the shipper. Wait until you have it and determine that its ok first.

Upvote 0