Canon announcements coming at the end of August [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We’ve been told again that Canon will be announcing new gear at the end of August. Since the availability of new products rarely happens right away, there’s always the possibility of an announcement being delayed into September.
What’s coming?
The Canon EOS 90D received another mention from this source, along with another camera body. If I was to bet on what that second camera would be, I’d wager it’s a new EOS M body. Likely to replace both the EOS M5 and EOS M6.
The same source also said new lenses were coming at the same time. Canon has stated there would be no EF lenses coming 2019. I could see the EOS M getting a new kit lens, as well as the official announcements of the outstanding RF mount lenses, the RF 70-200mm f/2.8L, IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS and RF 85mm f/1.2L DS USM.
More to come…

Continue reading...

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I thought we were getting the high megapixel R in 2019, not 2020. It would be disappointing to see no further R body releases this year.
Always good to remember that rumors are not promises.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Seems like an updated EF-S17-55 2.8 would pair nicely with an improved XXD body.
I don't think Canon agrees. Personally, I'd like to see the mythical 150-500 f5.6 paired with the next XXD body, but I doubt that's happening either.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Hm. I thought the RF lenses were coming at the end of this month :confused:
I believe that's what they officially stated, though I don't have a source handy. Feels unlikely, doesn't it?

Canon only stated these four lenses would be available during the second half of 2019.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
This is their chance I think to save people from going into the Sony a7r4. That camera is a beast. It's coming in September so I hope canon will announce something for their RF system, even if it means waiting past September for a better R model.
For quite a while now, a big part of Sony's growth strategy has been to get owners to switch brands at the $3500 price point with attractive specs. We shall see whether it works any better this time than it has in the past. As time goes by, more and more buyers are pretty happy with the cameras they already have, especially considering the costs of switching brands. On the other hand, with the a7r4, Sony may have come out with some interesting competition for the a9.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
It will be interesting what the 90D is.
Will it have as good weather sealing as a 7DII.
Will it show any improvements on a 7D II performance wise?
For sure it will be someway better than the 80D.
The 80D already has a better sensor than the 7DII, so the 90D could be even better, and possibly 30 mpx as well. Canon AF systems have improved, and using the 1DXII system as in the 5DIV could be a significant improvement. I'm looking forward to adding a 90D to my armoury as I miss my 7DII, which I shouldn't have sold.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0