Here is an updated list of unreleased Canon gear from certification agencies

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Remains to be seen how well their 16-80/4 performs. Hoping it’s quite good - what a useful range and speed on APS-C!
Makes me wonder about Tamron's 35-150 2.8-4 lens for full frame. What some think as a weird focal length, I think as brilliant. I was never happy with the 24-70/105 or a 70-200 so maybe....

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

hamish

Canon 7D II
CR Pro
Apr 15, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Don't forget that the 200D, and I assume many of the "Rebel" and xxxD DSLRs, run the LP-E17 battery. The M5 II would be a good upgrade from that range, especially if a) it uses the same battery, and b) they discount (or include) the EF-M->EF adapter. As someone with a 200D and who finds the 9 point optical AF system really limiting, I'll be strongly looking at the M5 II as a "body only" upgrade.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
They will. The 2 latest g series have an usb-c port that allow usb charging during use.
Charging during use? In effect, external power for the camera? That would be useful for some shooting time lapse / astro. No Canon ILCs currently offer that (the R/RP allow USB charging of the internal battery, but camera functions are disabled during charging).

Upvote 0
for many Canon battery types/cameras there are "battery dummies" available to hook them up with uninterrupted external power for any length of time.

but ofc power over USB-C would be highly preferable - for continuous operation and battery charging at the same time. Canon would not even have to be innovative, as it is invented already. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Charging during use? In effect, external power for the camera? That would be useful for some shooting time lapse / astro. No Canon ILCs currently offer that (the R/RP allow USB charging of the internal battery, but camera functions are disabled during charging).
Information from the 5th slide from DPR
This is a new possibility coming from the new usb-c implementation.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0