Canon EOS M6 Mark II promotional video appears to have leaked

No mention of dual pixel AF. Maybe the sensor is sourced from Sony? They buy Sony sensors for Powershots so why not? No 4K crop, insane throughput, .. smells at least like Sony. Or Canon really developed something completely new and there were no rumors about it..

B.

Unless I missed it I don't remember any mention if there was a crop in 4k. Cropping from 32mp down to 8mp would not look good.

Upvote 0

josephandrews222

Square Sensors + AI = Better Images
Jul 12, 2013
Midwest United States
Their mirrored pro body will be insane. This is a very unexpected upgrade from Canon! DP AF and a high density APS-C sensor on an M body!

Not unexpected to me: the M series is Canon's future as far as cropped sensors are concerned.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Shut up and take my money. And a viewfinder is THE LAST THING i want to see on this. I buy into this camera due to its portability and stealth factor paired w/ the 22-2. I do NOT want this to be another bulbous consumer plastic blob with something as tacky as a viewfinder plopped on a compact low end camera. That's what my high end cameras are for. For me this is street stealth all the way. Besides the best viewfinder is often the back screen. it's like 10x bigger to start with... superb Canon!

I do like the AF / MF switch. I'm an original M user since launch day of the original M, all the Ms after that. Huge M nerd. I hope this new M6II has increased sensor performance. All I really care about as I shoot singular stills. For action I have my XT3. Don't need the speed but it'll be nice to have.
I hold cameras up to my eye, it's how I like it. Simple. My phone is another matter and that's as far as I'll take the lcd only situation. YMMV. It's a choice, no matter how loud some scream with caps and exclamations, just a choice, good thing it comes in both varieties.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
No mention of dual pixel AF. Maybe the sensor is sourced from Sony? They buy Sony sensors for Powershots so why not? No 4K crop, insane throughput, .. smells at least like Sony. Or Canon really developed something completely new and there were no rumors about it..

B.
I don't think that Sony would allow Canon to release a 32 MP sensor before they did....

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
-5 EV AF sensitivity at f/1.4 matches the Sony A7S II sensitivity (-4EV @ f/2)

I thought this one was supposed to come with a new DIGIC 8+ processor.
The A7S II doesn't benefit beyond -4EV, however. So an f/1.4 lens will still only achieve focus in -4 EV.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL

B.
Helps if you watch the video... LOL

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
I'm eager to get my hands on the M6 Mark II and M5 Mark II. I've transitioned my APS-C shooting to the EOS-M line and have been loving the smaller size and lenses....not to mention the great AF that's similar to my EOS R. There is a lot of promise with this camera and I'm happy the line will continue. 32mp?! Man...might have to test that against the EOS R and see how it stacks up on terms of dynamic range and noise.

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Anybody care to speculate about the significance of this? Why mention the "actual" MP value at all, and why "TTL"?

View attachment 186061
Why speculate? TTL is just short for total. And Canon sensors use less pixels than the sensor offers because there is a black border around the part that gets light because it is required for some color balance and black point calculations and probably some other stuff as well.

I can't see what else this should be. It's just advertising the technical specs of the sensor.

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Why speculate? TTL is just short for total.

In camera world TTL means through-the-lens, first and foremost, as in TTL metering. That’s interesting. Shortening ”total” to TTL doesn’t really make sense. Plus if they were just standard unused pixels, they would be buried in the spec sheet and not mentioned in a promo video like this.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0