Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
This little (not) treasure was delivered today. I took some quick shots of my grandson. I tried eye AF and servo. He is too quick for eye AF and I am too slow on the trigger. ;) I can't remember whether this was taken in eye AF or servo. If I had to guess, I would say servo. He just never stops moving around and I had a split second to capture this. I'll get a better idea about just how sharp it is when I have a model that will be still. We all know toddlers are never still. :)

The only editing was a crop, lowering exposure by about 1/2 stop, and a little noise reduction for noise in the background. It is quite dark in our apt., so I expected a little noise in the background. I think the colors are great, and it locks focus quickly.

I need some advice on how to order from Adorama so that this website can get affiliate money to help out. I have to really praise Adorama's service. Big ticket items are sent next business day air. It goes further than that though. After ordering the lens I placed a second order for a flash that was supposed to be sent ground. Adorama sent both orders next day business air. They came in separate boxes, so somebody must have been paying attention. I'm not even a VIP 360 member.

Edit: I meant one shot or servo.

Attachments

• _E5A1015.jpg
    _E5A1015.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 187
  • exif.JPG
    exif.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Great stuff! Congrats(y)

Eye-AF or Servo you said? I often use Eye/face in servo, but sometimes single point does the better job. Can’t wait to see what you’ll get out of it.
I didn't even know it works in servo. He moves so fast that eye AF locks, but by the time I hit the button he's already turned his head the other way. He's stubborn about looking at the camera. He has better things to do. :ROFLMAO: I meant to say one shot or servo, I think.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
I didn't even know it works in servo. He moves so fast that eye AF locks, but by the time I hit the button he's already turned his head the other way. He's stubborn about looking at the camera. He has better things to do. :ROFLMAO: I meant to say one shot or servo, I think.
I know the feeling, they have no patience for photography.

With firmware 1.2.0 you can use eye-AF with Servo (y)

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I know the feeling, they have no patience for photography.

With firmware 1.2.0 you can use eye-AF with Servo (y)
I checked. My purchase is so recent it already has that update. Eagerly waiting for the next firmware update that has been rumored.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
This lens is so sharp its untrue. I've never seen such sharpness at f1.2 SOC.
Yesterday I set up flash in the house to better capture the boy. You are right, even at f/1.2 it is extremely sharp. So is the "little" zoom.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0