Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

Jun 29, 2016
I was waiting for a 32 MP, No AA filter with min 14 stop DR , Mag body with joystick, dual card, 12 FPS, uncropped 4k, with 1dxmk2 focus system for like 2500 USD APSC for bird shooting but I think it never gonna happen.
you are describing the spec of the 7DIII... which, as it seems, will not be :-(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
I like to be able to see and touch things before I buy them, and I hardly every buy things online let alone pre-ordering anything. With that said, I could see myself picking up the M6II as a travel camera if the specs hold true and the price is right.

A travel camera isn't my top photography purchase priority, but it is on the list. I highly doubt I'd be an early adopter, but an eventual buyer?... maybe!
Exact same reaction from me. The M6II is intriguing, but if I buy a new body in the near future it will likely be of the R flavor. But who knows.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
This will be just like the 6D MkII. Haters will abound, just like they did then. The camera will come out, and all will be resolved. This is propaganda 101. It will continue as an experiment into how far they can go to trash a product in the quest for dominance of the social media market. They failed to dog the 80D, or the 6D MkII.
It's already began, and watch how many detractors vs. unbiased observers chime in. I'm predicting 3 or 4 to 1. Mark my words.
I would like to continue to use my ES series lenses into the future, and the 90D may be the last of the camera's that will be using them as an option. The hate for this camera will trump all others, as that's where we are with social media now. Maybe the hate for this camera can drop the price quickly, like they did with the 6D MkII. Watch for an insignificant review to be pounced upon, like the ISO 100 fallacy of the 6D MkII's performance. Like the 6D MkII's performance, it will be a great seller.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
As having owned both the 7D and 7Dii I don’t see this as a replacement like it was possibly thought to be. More like just an update to the 80 D only.
Hoping they do an updated 7D version for the R line.

This aggravates the snot out of me! Been waiting for news of a 7Diii for quite a while. I’m not a mirrorless fan and if the replacement is a camera that barely matches other systems 3 year old cameras, what a slap in the face.

Upvote 0

rikstir

Rick Fowler R5, 5DMK4
Jun 3, 2016
I have a 5DMK4 and would like a back up aps-c camera for a little more reach on the telephoto side but it really depends on the image quality for me. The jump to 32mp is quite a large one in an aps-c camera. If the high ISO noise isn’t as good as the 7DMK2 then probably will stay with full frame for a second camera. Either the 1DX replacement or the R equivalent.

Upvote 0
30 years with Canon and I have decided to sell all my Canon gear and move over to Sony. I gave Canon time to come up with a professional mirrorless camera and they have failed. These cameras coming out are not of professonal grade. To me these are travel cameras. A professional grade camera is one that is also weather sealed and a camera can take a beating of daily use. Two card slots and a camera and that shoot a great number of shots in the silent mode before the buffer kicks in and a camera is is able to use all my Canon lenses.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Scenes

Filmmaker
Jun 12, 2014
UK
Yes. As a filmmaker that currently shoots with an 80D this is exactly what I wanted. I can swap it into my existing kit and start shooting 4K with minimum fuss and a decent ish file size for video.

As a canon shooter my only option for 4K before was to move to the full frame 5D but with its 1.7 crop shooting 4K it would essentially be the same as the 90D just with 5x the file size for footage so this is perfect.

Would I have loved 4K 60p with DPAF. Sure. But it’s not a deal breaker. I guess that’s for the 2022 100d? Actually what would they call the next one?

Upvote 0

navastronia

R6 x2 (work) + 5D Classic (fun)
Aug 31, 2018
30 years with Canon and I have decided to sell all my Canon gear and move over to Sony. I gave Canon time to come up with a professional mirrorless camera and they have failed. These cameras coming out are not of professonal grade. To me these are travel cameras. A professional grade camera is one that is also weather sealed and a camera can take a beating of daily use. Two card slots and a camera and that shoot a great number of shots in the silent mode before the buffer kicks in and a camera is is able to use all my Canon lenses.

k

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

KT

Feb 2, 2012
I can’t figure out why anyone would buy an EOS M camera since Canon doesn’t provide a decent selection of lenses for the format. Adapting EF lenses to it results in a big lens with a very small camera attached; e.g. very poor ergonomics. The RF mount is clearly Canon’s future direction.
In was thinking along the same lines like you, then I came across the three Sigma primes (16, 30, 56mm) for the M line, granted they are all adapted from the M43 system but still, these are reasonably small fast (F1.4) primes priced within reach and they come from a well-reputable manufacturer. I can see myself getting one or two of these Sigmas to go with the M6 mark II.

Upvote 0
This will be just like the 6D MkII. Haters will abound, just like they did then. The camera will come out, and all will be resolved. This is propaganda 101. It will continue as an experiment into how far they can go to trash a product in the quest for dominance of the social media market. They failed to dog the 80D, or the 6D MkII.
It's already began, and watch how many detractors vs. unbiased observers chime in. I'm predicting 3 or 4 to 1. Mark my words.
I would like to continue to use my ES series lenses into the future, and the 90D may be the last of the camera's that will be using them as an option. The hate for this camera will trump all others, as that's where we are with social media now. Maybe the hate for this camera can drop the price quickly, like they did with the 6D MkII. Watch for an insignificant review to be pounced upon, like the ISO 100 fallacy of the 6D MkII's performance. Like the 6D MkII's performance, it will be a great seller.
Yea, I'll be curious to the reactions as well. I've been peeking at how how the rumours have been received on other sites, and it hasn't seemed as negative as past releases, but who knows to what issue or shortcoming people will gravitate. As it stands right now, the M6II and 90D, on paper, seem pretty competitive with just about everything else on the market. What's the natural competitor for a 90D or an M6? An a6400/a6500? D7500/D500? XT30/XT3?

Upvote 0

KT

Feb 2, 2012
When will we know pricing?
The 90D promo video ended with a price listing of 1399 but I'm not sure in what currency that was. Knowing this came from Canon Australia, maybe the US pricing will be in the $1200 range, or maybe it's all wishful thinking. Whatever it is, Black Friday is only around the corner and I'm sure there will be a price war between Canon and Sony over who claims the title of who is the real APS-C King !!!!

Upvote 0