Canon officially announces the RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM, RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM and new firmware for the EOS R and EOS RP

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
RF 15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM and RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM Lenses Further Cement the Company’s Commitment to the EOS R Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera System
MELVILLE, N.Y., August 28, 2019 – The time has come and the wave of momentous advancements in the world of the EOS R full-frame mirrorless camera system continues as Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the introduction of the RF15-35mm F2.8 L IS USM and RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM lenses. With their large, bright F2.8 aperture, a zoom range that covers a wide range of shooting scenes and image stabilization (IS), as well as Nano USM – these lenses are sure to become workhorse lenses for professional and advanced amateur photographers.
Preorder the Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM & Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM

Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS $2299
Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS $2299

“As the emergence of...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Any vignetting in the 15-35?

AFAIK, vignetting is inevitable, even in super teles, which have very little of it (a fraction of a stop), but do have it.

Question is how much vignetting would the RF 15-35mm have. Under two stops @15mm f/2.8 would make me very happy.

[For reference, @16mm f/2.8, the EF 16-35mm f/2.8 mk II has 2.8 stops, and the mk III has 4.6. The difference was discussed on this forums in the past, IIRC it was claimed Canon preferred sharpness over vignetting, and apparently a bit of barrel distortion.]

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
The firmware updates are very welcome, and long anticipated. I'll look forward to more details about them.
Exactly what I was waiting for the Eye detection so I can stay in this mode if it performed well! Since I don't do to much action it should be fine!!! I can't wait! I spoke with the canon Rep yesterday I should be on the list in Canada to get my hands on the first batch of the 24-70 I hope I can get it before a big calendar I will do in the south with 12 gorgeous models! I will be able to test everything over there!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Not that I've found. I'd love a simple 'in/out' option like I can set with One Shot - Servo mode.
you can costomize pretty much everything, I have set mine with a button so it switch only to 3 different focus mode. so I don't have to cycle trough all of them. The eye detect, the small single box, and the larger one after that.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0