Preorder the Canon EOS 90D, EOS M6 Mark II, RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS & RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS

Jul 21, 2010
You sound like a sony troll jealous that you can not get a real camera and are stuck with the worst garbage on the planet.
You sound like a canon fanboi having wet dreams about a camera you hope for that will probably never come. Go pump those compact smaller zoom lenses you want in and out for a while, maybe that’ll move things along for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Rixy

Canon 90D
Mar 27, 2019
2299$ for RF 15-35mm at introduction? I will definitely get one when first adopter price come down. 849$ is also a great price for a great camera. This intrigues me how the m5 II will perform, even though I am saving for the 5d mirrorless successor.
Reasonable price, it's ok. It is a fact that has the same (or better) quality as the sony GM 16-35mm

Upvote 0

addola

Sold my soul for a flippy screen
Nov 16, 2015
I'm not saying it's 2K upscaled to 4K, but it's not full sensor readout oversampled 4K either. In the dpreview video preview they said the full frame 4K is lower quality than the crop 4K.

The claim that the 90D has upscaled 4K is "somewhat" in Canon's own promotional video, where it says "4K UHD resolution through image processing". Some say that means "upscaled", "pixel binning" or "line skipping". Thing is, video always have post processing whether it's 4K or 1080p unless it's Canon's 1:1 readout (where we have that 4K crop)

There is a popular claim that the EOS R has upscaled 2K, and I think you can see it in "Max Yuriev" YouTube videos. But a video made by Potato Jet (Canon user) & Armando Ferreira (Sony user) where they tested the A7 III & EOS R with the exact same lens adapted to both cameras showed similar 4K video quality, with the EOS R beating A7III in 1080p

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
No, Spain is part of the European Union and has the highest prices
By EU law, anyone in Spain can order it from a UK dealer at the UK price, import it without any further taxes and have the same EU-wide warranty. Or, indeed order it from any other EU country - see https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/unfair-treatment/unfair-pricing/index_en.htm
where the EU states that manufacturers have to charge the same price in different EU counties
Price discrimination is not allowed
As an EU national, a trader cannot charge you more when you buy a product or service just because of your nationality or country of residence. Some price differences can be justified if they're based on objective criteria and not just on nationality. For example, differing postage costs may mean you pay more for delivery in one country than in another. However, traders may still set different net sale prices in different points of sale, such as shops and websites, or may target specific offers only to a specific territory within a Member State. Under EU rules, all these offers must be accessible for consumers from other EU countries.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
By EU law, anyone in Spain can order it from a UK dealer at the UK price, import it without any further taxes and have the same EU-wide warranty. Or, indeed order it from any other EU country - see https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/unfair-treatment/unfair-pricing/index_en.htm
where the EU states that manufacturers have to charge the same price in different EU counties
As an EU national, a trader cannot charge you more when you buy a product or service just because of your nationality or country of residence. Some price differences can be justified if they're based on objective criteria and not just on nationality. For example, differing postage costs may mean you pay more for delivery in one country than in another. However, traders may still set different net sale prices in different points of sale, such as shops and websites, or may target specific offers only to a specific territory within a Member State. Under EU rules, all these offers must be accessible for consumers from other EU countries.”

The caveat with that is that companies that sell items are not required to jump through hoops to ship the item outside their usual region. The example used is a washing machine that's €50 cheaper in Spain compared to Germany. If the usual shipping company doesn't operate outside of Spain, the store than is allowed to say "Come pick it up".

I don't expect issues with camera gear and big stores, but be aware that the law only covers the sale.

Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
I think you have to pay VAT differences if your countries rate is higher. But other than that you pay the price plus the additional postage costs

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I think you have to pay VAT differences if your countries rate is higher. But other than that you pay the price plus the additional postage costs
VAT rates do vary. The minimum for such consumer items in the EU is 15%, and it can be as high as 24% in Greece. If a Greek buys in the UK when he is here and takes it home, he has no additional VAT to pay.

I remember well the bad old days when everyone price gouged the UK, especially the car manufacturers. People would go over to Belgium and buy right hand drive cars and drive them back as it was far cheaper.

Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
You sound like a canon fanboi having wet dreams about a camera you hope for that will probably never come. Go pump those compact smaller zoom lenses you want in and out for a while, maybe that’ll move things along for you.

You confirmed it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
Not too excited by these two cameras so far. The M6II is quite expensive and with a view finder is even more expensive.
Screen only wouldn't suit me. It doesn't feel like photography.
The 90D I'll be interested in it being tested for sport and if its really good.
The price is good and if you didn't have a 7DII, it would be a good option.
I'm looking for something that's a definite improvement on a 7DII.
Maybe this still could be it but I don't think so.
I guess a 1DX III will be up soon. Far more expensive but might be the peak of DSLR.
It might be the last 1 series DSLR.
It will be years before a mirrorless camera will match the battery life.
The pro mirrorless will also be interesting

A thought on battery life.
If a pro mirrorless can be made smaller and less complex due to lack of mirror box perhaps the camera could remain the same size as the current 1D series and that space have 2 or so extra batteries to provide the extended life needed for pro use until battery technology moves forward more or more energy efficient mirrorless are created.

Upvote 0

Rixy

Canon 90D
Mar 27, 2019
But the reality is different

Upvote 0