Eye AF at movie servo
Dual Pixel
2200 -2400 mAh
16MP Crop Mode
IBIS
USB-C
Mic and Headphone support
Full weather sealed

4k 30p and not 4k 24p because of licens and segmentation.
40MP because it would be nearly the same %-difference how much size 1MP has (mm²) by APS-C:

MPMP
Size (FF)
30​
40​
36​
24​
Sensor sizeSize of 1MPSize of 1MPDifference (%)
864​
28,8​
21,6​
-75​
Size (APS-C)
24​
32​
22,2​
14,8​
Sensor sizeSize of 1MPSize of 1MPDifference (%)
328,56​
13,69​
10,2675​
-75​

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Personally I'd like:-
1: High resolution R.
2: M5 MkII with the M6 MkII sensor and Digic.
3: 1DX MkIII with a lot of small improvements.

In that order and I have the funding assigned for all of them, probably only a first adopter for the M5 MkII, but within a year of release for the other two.

I pray none of them have 24p so all the video shooters piss off to Pentax, Panasonic or Sony, or wherever else they feel the need to go.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

st jack photography

..a shuttered lens, backwards viewing backwards..
Only you get to do that around here right? Unfortunately everyone ends up with your piss all over them.

And by "facts" you mean your opinions. You start every one of these. I never join a thread and quote you. You do that to me. I just give it back to you after you start.
Stereodude just don't comment. You can't change a fanboys mind. They will lap up Canon's dog-puke, crippled bodies over and over. I stopped with the R, sent it back, now I come here to scratch my head at their latest step backwards and at least get news on the companies making stuff I DO like, like Sony and Sigma and Hasselblad. Canon and I are irreconcilable at this point, as I already got a medium format camera to replace my 5dsr and entire EF obsolete lens line. All I needed was a 5dsrm2 dlsr, same MP count but refined. And so, as usual: your supposed "elegant solution to full frame mirrorless that does not require an adapted EF lens."

So just don't engage with these idiots. Not worth it. Just know that a LOT of other people silently come here, shake their head sadly at the once-great Canon, get news, and leave without a comment. Know that you are one of many, if so.

These companies do not care about the consumer, period. None of them do, even the ones I am not actively hating on (Sony, Sigma, for example, who also don't care about you, just that they take bigger chances on special gear and they LISTEN TO THE FANS).

I remember a company that in 1987 started a revolution in glass and autofocus and everything in between that set everyone else 30 years behind. What happened to that company?

Unacceptable language deleted by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Nice table and sensor size vs mp count comparison, but almost all your desired specs are related to video. Maybe you actually need a video camera, not stills.

Hopefully a mirrorless RF 5D V, something like this:

40MP
8 - 10 FPS with Eye-AF
Dual UHS II
Joystick
4200€ - 3700€
4K 30p with DPAF
2K 120p with DPAF
4.2.2 10 Bit
Eye AF at movie servo
Dual Pixel
2200 -2400 mAh
16MP Crop Mode
IBIS
USB-C
Mic and Headphone support
Full weather sealed

4k 30p and not 4k 24p because of licens and segmentation.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
And so, as usual: Offensive language removed by Moderator.
Good job...if you’re trying to vie with Stereodude for today’s Most Petulant Award.

I remember a company that in 1987 started a revolution in glass and autofocus and everything in between that set everyone else 30 years behind. What happened to that company?
It took that company 16 years to become the #1 global ILC brand. They’ve remained #1 ever since. Along the way they introduced the first sub-$1K DSLR, the first image stabilized lens, the first DO lens, the first fisheye zoom lens, the first touchscreen on a DSLR, dual-pixel AF, and a host of other innovations.

What have you accomplished in the past 32 years? Well okay, if you’ve been alive that whole time you’ve converted about 13 metric tons of oxygen into about 19 metric tons of carbon dioxide. Hurray for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Stereodude just don't comment. You can't change a fanboys mind. They will lap up Canon's dog-puke, crippled bodies over and over. I stopped with the R, sent it back, now I come here to scratch my head at their latest step backwards and at least get news on the companies making stuff I DO like, like Sony and Sigma and Hasselblad. Canon and I are irreconcilable at this point, as I already got a medium format camera to replace my 5dsr and entire EF obsolete lens line. All I needed was a 5dsrm2 dlsr, same MP count but refined. And so, as usual: F&#^ YOU CANON. F#*& YOUR RF LENSES. F#*% your supposed "elegant solution to full frame mirrorless that does not require an adapted EF lens."

So just don't engage with these idiots. Not worth it. Just know that a LOT of other people silently come here, shake their head sadly at the once-great Canon, get news, and leave without a comment. Know that you are one of many, if so.

These companies do not care about the consumer, period. None of them do, even the ones I am not actively hating on (Sony, Sigma, for example, who also don't care about you, just that they take bigger chances on special gear and they LISTEN TO THE FANS).

Jeez. I think you need a bit of lotion for that butt hurt canon has given you.maybe even see a doctor. It seems serious.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
they LISTEN TO THE FANS).

Nothing says “healthy company” quite like listening to fanatics.

If I invested in camera companies (I don’t), I would walk swiftly from one which reacted to fanaticism rather than reasoned business strategy. As a camera user, I’m less emphatic about it, but the sentiments are the same.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

kiwiengr

CR Pro
Feb 14, 2015
I personally don’t think that we will see a 40 mp R body coming anytime soon. That is probably more likely in Canons second iteration of R and RP bodies with IBIS. The next R series body is likely to be in the 70-80 mp range with IBIS, IMO to compete with Sony.

An extrapolation of the sensor in the 90D / M6MkII gets to 83Mpixels....

Upvote 0

Eagle Eye

Recovering Full-Framer
CR Pro
Jul 5, 2011
Virginia
Thank you for no M5 Mark II and saving my money Canon
I'm anticipating seeing the M5 Mark II announced in February 2020. I remember thinking in 2017 when the M6 was announced that Canon would have generally been better off announcing the M6 first and the M5 later. Obviously there were reasons for the decision, but my guess is those reasons pertained to factors no longer relevant. The rumors of the M6 Mark II replacing the M5 don't hold water. In the marketing materials for the Canon operations around the world, the M5 continues to hold the flagship position (except in HK, where it's no longer even listed). Canon USA would not have told someone that the M6 Mark II replaces M5 (even if it does) if Canon is going to continue to sell the M5 and market it as the flagship. Before someone says "Canon does everything for a reason," I point you to Canon Australia's YouTube error. DPReview either didn't understand the nuance of Canon's statement or Canon's agent misspoke, unless I see something concrete that says otherwise. There's also not a lot of point to some of the feature restrictions in the M6 Mark II if you're not going to position a camera above it. I would be surprised if Canon saw EOS M sales as a potential threat to the more lucrative R ecosystem, so with a flagship EOS M, they're really just building it to be a threat to competitors, particularly if the flagship EOS M comes in at a price point equal to the RP.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2016
I'm anticipating seeing the M5 Mark II announced in February 2020. I remember thinking in 2017 when the M6 was announced that Canon would have generally been better off announcing the M6 first and the M5 later. Obviously there were reasons for the decision, but my guess is those reasons pertained to factors no longer relevant. The rumors of the M6 Mark II replacing the M5 don't hold water. In the marketing materials for the Canon operations around the world, the M5 continues to hold the flagship position (except in HK, where it's no longer even listed). Canon USA would not have told someone that the M6 Mark II replaces M5 (even if it does) if Canon is going to continue to sell the M5 and market it as the flagship. Before someone says "Canon does everything for a reason," I point you to Canon Australia's YouTube error. DPReview either didn't understand the nuance of Canon's statement or Canon's agent misspoke, unless I see something concrete that says otherwise. There's also not a lot of point to some of the feature restrictions in the M6 Mark II if you're not going to position a camera above it. I would be surprised if Canon saw EOS M sales as a potential threat to the more lucrative R ecosystem, so with a flagship EOS M, they're really just building it to be a threat to competitors, particularly if the flagship EOS M comes in at a price point equal to the RP.
I think if Canon wants a real presence in the mirrorless APSc market they need to come out with a higher end model that exceeds the M5 and now the M6 II. From what I read the M5 wasn’t the best construction, not a metal body and just not up to the typical Canon standards. I’m not saying it isn’t a good camera. Im still it is and many people like it. I just think that they should up their game a bit more in that market. Also add more faster, pro grade M lenses. I am not in the APSc mirrorless camp yet, but would be interested in adding a higher end Canon APSc mirrorless to my current 5DIV.

Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
From what I read the M5 wasn’t the best construction, not a metal body and just not up to the typical Canon standards.
With weight and size being what drives the M series, a metal body would not be considered an upgrade for many users I think. I've read complaints about the slightly larger grip on the M6 II compared to the M6.

It's a different market. And Canon already has a gigantic presence in it.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I think if Canon wants a real presence in the mirrorless APSc market they need to come out with a higher end model that exceeds the M5 and now the M6 II.
The M-series is the globally best-selling mirrorless ILC. But you’re saying they ‘don’t have a real presence in the market’.

When you’re ready, please feel free to join us here in reality.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2016
The M-series is the globally best-selling mirrorless ILC. But you’re saying they ‘don’t have a real presence in the market’.

When you’re ready, please feel free to join us here in reality.
Canon does not have much of a presence specifically in the mirrorless, APSC professional market. They apparently don’t really care about that segment.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Canon does not have much of a presence specifically in the mirrorless, APSC professional market. They apparently don’t really care about that segment.
The mirrorless APS-C professional market? What the heck is that? You could also say that Canon does not have much of a presence specifically in the mirrorless APS-C chartreuse-and-mauve-polka-dot-colored camera market.

But hey, you can segment the market however you like in your private reality.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0