Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
You can pick on Harry all you want, but I intend to be his friend. That way, when the space invasion of earth happens, we can have escape in the Millennium Falcon.

Harry! I’ll bring the beer and Timbits! ( to all you non Canadians out there, Timbits are a grog bit)
The space invasion has already begun: Justin Bieber, Michael Buble and Celine Dion have landed in Canada (hope they don't cross the border...) :eek:

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
This is the stupidest article I've ever read about why Canon purposefully omitts 24p from their lower-priced cameras...to save 10 cents (if that) on licensing fees? Good grief. Please delete this article.
Canon sold over 5,000,000 ILCs last year. If they’d saved 10¢ per camera, that would mean half a million dollars extra profit.

It’s sort of like, “If I had a nickel for every stupid post on CR...”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Canon sold over 5,000,000 ILCs last year. If they’d saved 10¢ per camera, that would mean half a million dollars extra profit.

It’s sort of like, “If I had a nickel for every stupid post on CR...”

Didn't an earlier post in this now VERY long thread...find that using 24p is not licensing related?

Upvote 0