Canon to announce EOS-1D X equivalent EOS R system camera in 2021?

Srit67

It was a good run Canon
Mar 12, 2019
Thanks for your pithy insight. I’ve always wondered how Canon has managed to dominate the ILC market for 16 years and counting, and why they currently have about 50% of the global market compared to Sony’s meager 17%. Now I know the answer – half of the market are blind fanboys that prefer substandard gear. It’s great for Canon that this group includes blind fanboys like you who buy substandard lenses costing thousands of dollars.
Well if you mean substandard lenses like the 16-35 f2.8 GM or the 135f1,8 GM yes your correct. Terrible lenses

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Sorry what? It's one of the best Canon lenses made, what planet do you live on? LOL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That being said, the Sony is better, which I will buy once I dump this one!
Yup. Horrible lens. I'll give you $500 and a used, but well trained gerbil. I'll even throw in a 12" long section of PVC pipe.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Sorry what? It's one of the best Canon lenses made, what planet do you live on? LOL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That being said, the Sony is better, which I will buy once I dump this one!
No, no. It’s a substandard lens just like their substandard bodies. Only a blind fanboy would buy one. Like you did, but thankfully you’ve seen the light and switched from being a blind Canon fanboy to being a blind Sony fanboy. I hope it helps your photography as much as it’s helped your personality.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Srit67

It was a good run Canon
Mar 12, 2019
No, no. It’s a substandard lens just like their substandard bodies. Only a blind fanboy would buy one. Like you did, but thankfully you’ve seen the light and switched from being a blind Canon fanboy to being a blind Sony fanboy. I hope it helps your photography as much as it’s helped your personality.
Oooooh, taking shots at my personality now, my feelings are hurt :ROFLMAO: I'm not a fanboy of any gear other than what I enjoy at the time. I'm also not loyal to any company unless they are gonna write cheques to me. WTF would you know about my personality or my photography?? Where have you seen anything of what I do? I your gonna make statements about lenses that are crap etc... I suggest you back it up with something.

Upvote 0

Srit67

It was a good run Canon
Mar 12, 2019
BTW, who still uses Flickr?? lol (n)

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Oooooh, taking shots at my personality now,
It was an implication based on empirical observations of your posts here, including the one a moderator felt was offensive enough to remove.

I your gonna make statements about lenses that are crap etc... I suggest you back it up with something.
Like you backed up your statement that the EOS R is substandard? Oh wait, you didn’t.

The difference is you meant it, whereas I know the 400/2.8 II is excellent and was being facetious and mocking you for making asinine comments. I probably should have been more explicit about that, sorry.

Upvote 0

Srit67

It was a good run Canon
Mar 12, 2019
"Like you backed up your statement that the EOS R is substandard? Oh wait, you didn’t." 4 FPS, DR less than the 5DM IV? Compare it with the a7iii, there is no comparison IMO. If your happy with that good for you. My opinion (not just mine), is Canon holds back on everything so they can sell you more bodies. Basically I got tired of being disappointed and the EOS-R was the end for me.
Go check out my work as a hobbies and tell me what I need to work on :)

Upvote 0

Srit67

It was a good run Canon
Mar 12, 2019
It was an implication based on empirical observations of your posts here, including the one a moderator felt was offensive enough to remove.

Like you backed up your statement that the EOS R is substandard? Oh wait, you didn’t.

The difference is you meant it, whereas I know the 400/2.8 II is excellent and was being facetious and mocking you for making asinine comments. I probably should have been more explicit about that, sorry.
My post was moderated because i used a fluffy swear word kinda like SH*t, my bad lol.

NOTE From Moderator: Post was moderated for gratuitous rudeness

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
"Like you backed up your statement that the EOS R is substandard? Oh wait, you didn’t." 4 FPS, DR less than the 5DM IV?
Thanks for making it clear that you can’t even read a spec sheet and that you think 1/10 of a stop of DR is meaningful in any way. Both are pretty pathetic.

My post was moderated because i used a fluffy swear word kinda like SH*t, my bad lol.
Oh, is that why you think it happened? I’d recommend getting your metacognition tested. You could call the EOS R or the a7III a piece of shit with no risk of having your post deleted, from what I’ve seen on this forum.

Upvote 0

Srit67

It was a good run Canon
Mar 12, 2019
Thanks for making it clear that you can’t even read a spec sheet and that you think 1/10 of a stop of DR is meaningful in any way. Both are pretty pathetic.

Oh, is that why you think it happened? I’d recommend getting your metacognition tested.
Take care science guy, I'm done :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Man - how many card failures have you had??
IMO your issue is showing up at an event with a slew of too-small cards rattling around in your pocket ;-)
I'd much rather have a large card and everything backing up to my phone, than a slew of small cards to juggle while at an event.

Anyway, I am off this topic now. This one slot issue has been discussed ad nauseam already.
Anyone interested in a backup workaround for the EOS R - see my post above ;-) It works, and woks well.

Best
Curiosity is getting the best of me. Will your phone back up raw files? If so, how many from a 30 mega pixel camera? I only ask because I only shoot raw.

Upvote 0