Canon EOS M200 coming soon

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
As previously reported, Canon will announce a replacement to the entry-level EOS M100 soon according to Nokishita.
No specifications have leaked out for the little EOS M camera, but we wouldn’t be surprised to see it keep the same 24mp image sensor as the EOS M50, with the EOS M50 replacement getting the new 32.5mp image sensor that recently appeared in the new EOS M6 Mark II and EOS 90D. Here’s hoping we do get surprised and Canon brings the new sensor to the entry-level EOS M camera.

Continue reading...

Reactions: 1 user

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Upvote 0

Cryhavoc

Eos R, EM1 MkII, Lumix G9, Lumix S1R
Jan 17, 2019
Seattle
While I love me some Canon hardware, when I wanted a smaller full featured camera to pack around light, I went with a used Oly OM-D EM1. Fantastic tech packed into that camera from 5 years ago. Bought it with three batteries, the grip and a 32gb mem card for $369. Paid $200 for an Oly 17mm. So for basically $600 bucks out the door, I have 10fps, ibis, pro features and a lightweight mirrorless that is such a nice feature packed camera that I have no need for a Canon M series ecosystem. Since I have absolutely no need for 4k video in a stills camera, I'm good to go with this Oly.

That being said, that M6 mkII is looking pretty sweet.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
That being said, that M6 mkII is looking pretty sweet.

My major "I wish it had" was the flippy screen--if it had that, I'd buy it. Even the Canon rep acknowledged he liked those better than tilt ones. I do like the Fv mode that it inherited from the R series. So now I have to hope the M5 II not only happens, but has the flippy screen.

Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
My major "I wish it had" was the flippy screen--if it had that, I'd buy it. Even the Canon rep acknowledged he liked those better than tilt ones. I do like the Fv mode that it inherited from the R series. So now I have to hope the M5 II not only happens, but has the flippy screen.

I wonder how the eventual M50 successor is going to look like. Even though one step below the M6II on the product ladder, it may well end up being an extremely attractive camera if it inherits even half of the new goodies and retains the builtin EVF and the full tilty-flippy LCD.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I wonder how the eventual M50 successor is going to look like. Even though one step below the M6II on the product ladder, it may well end up being an extremely attractive camera if it inherits even half of the new goodies and retains the builtin EVF and the full tilty-flippy LCD.

I did point out that the flippy screen was on the M50 (which is what I currently use) so it logically should be on all higher models. (The EVF, not so much, because the M6's whole "thing" is to not have a VF bump on it, but the M5 II should have one.)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Here’s hoping we do get surprised and Canon brings the new sensor to the entry-level EOS M camera.

I got to "play" with an R last Saturday...and came away with a positive impression. I had actually thought about getting either it or an RP (the RP has more physical controls that are useful and is much cheaper), but now, ironically, I'm hesitant to buy a full frame camera with *fewer* megapixels than the APS-C I will likely also have soon.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Surprised (not really) to hear about more mark II releases vs new fast(er) EF-M lenses. It's not like Canon needs that many to up the M game, but it needs it.

A few weeks ago someone was speculating that maybe Canon is willing to let third parties do the lens development for these cameras--maybe even was licensing them to do so. It seemed plausible at the time but now I'm thinking...why would Canon want to give up that market?

Upvote 0
Another cheapo camera that would struggle to compete with my phone, and without: fully stabilized 4K video, a zillion sharing and publishing options, many many editing options, shallow DOF portrait options. And I'll always have that fully portable nano-studio with me while el-cheapo McCanon with next-to-nothing extra to offer stays at home. No thanks.
Tick tock, time is running out on the market for mediocre little cameras. Bring the goods or go home. Top notch M5 mk II, and stop the cheapskate crap.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0