Here are a couple of Canon EOS M6 Mark II reviews

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
EVF, Koenkool - I've got the EVF-DC2, which is to all intents and purposes a permanent fixture on the camera now - and I have to say that it is good enough that I never find myself thinking about it: for all I appreciate a good OVF, the EVF really "gets out of the way" and just does the job it's there to do.

So how do you trigger/control flashes with the EVF attached to the hot shoe?

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
So were you expecting a personal email form Mr Mitarai confirming this. Or maybe dpreview just lied. Even this site dropped all mention of M5 II very quickly after a few weeks on insisting it's coming. Don't get me wrong I wanted an M5 II, but the more I think about I don't want EF-M system, the same camera in RF mount would be a killer and future proof.

Nothing is future proof. Absolutely nothing.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
No, but if it were reliable info surely Canon would have said it to other places, not just to dpreview. Or put out a press release.

Instead we got a comment, possibly mis-remembered by someone at dpreview (and that's assuming that bunch of Canon haters isn't lying), that's utterly and completely unverified, but people seem to insist it's the gospel truth and will even go so far as to belittle those who don't believe it...as you did to sdz.

But even if a Canon rep did in fact say that the M6-II "replaces the M5 and M6" and did in fact know what he was talking about, all that that means is that they are discontinuing the M5 as well as the M6 (original). It does not mean they're not ever going to come out with an M5-II; it doesn't even mean that they don't already plan to do so.

Canon, to the best of my knowledge, has not in the past 30+ years made a single press release about a product they had in development that they decided to not put on the market. They just don't do that.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Canon, to the best of my knowledge, has not in the past 30+ years made a single press release about a product they had in development that they decided to not put on the market. They just don't do that.

Which supports my point. We know absolutely nothing about this question (the M5 mk II). Far from Mr. Majestik's certainty--to the point of rudeness--that it will never come out.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
Which supports my point. We know absolutely nothing about this question (the M5 mk II). Far from Mr. Majestik's certainty--to the point of rudeness--that it will never come out.

By your logic we will never know, because thirty years from now Canon will still have made no announcement concerning an M5 Mark II

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
By your logic we will never know, because thirty years from now Canon will still have made no announcement concerning an M5 Mark II

Or we WILL know, because they will have come out with one.

But if they never say anything, it's your judgment call as to when you should decide it's never going to happen, or alternatively (if you are one of the many who hope it does) when you should give up on it and move on with life.

There's simply no call at this early date for someone like Mr Majestik to belittle people who haven't leaped to conclusions.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
Or we WILL know, because they will have come out with one.

But if they never say anything, it's your judgment call as to when you should decide it's never going to happen, or alternatively (if you are one of the many who hope it does) when you should give up on it and move on with life.

There's simply no call at this early date for someone like Mr Majestik to belittle people who haven't leaped to conclusions.

Yet there's equally no call for you to belittle folks who accept trusted sources, who have provided accurate information in the past, that it isn't going to happen.

Upvote 0

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
Yet there's equally no call for you to belittle folks who accept trusted sources, who have provided accurate information in the past, that it isn't going to happen.
DPR is a trusted resource for Canon information now?

Oh - and Steve calling out Mr M's pronouncements doesn't make him the bad guy here.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
That makes no sense whatsoever. You really are spoiling for a fight today, aren't you?

If someone *never* announces a non-product, then we'll *never* get an official announcement from that entity for products that are not brought to market. Why is it so hard to grasp that concept?

Upvote 0