Patent: Canon RF 10-24mm f/4 and Canon RF 14-28 f/2.0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
I wonder about size, weight and price. Ok price will skyrocket but size and weight too. And it will probably NOT have iS. Not having anything R but were I to use it I would get the 15-35 2.8L IS. It would be very versatile for the interior shots I sometimes take inside museums and churches (the same for RF 24-70 2.8L IS). And of course it is a very nice landscape lens.

I understand that 14-28 f/2 would make it a terrific astro lens but there is the much cheaper SIgma 14 1.8 Art for that. Now if Canon could concentrate on making a similar lens it could be interesting. That way they could improve on vignetting (and coma). And if Sigma is so big how big would be the UWA f/2 zoom ? (Just wondering).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nobody does know what is coming down the pike so how do we know by buying into the R system Canon will deliver a camera of the calibre of the old 1Ds series (resolution, build quality etc) for example? However, if you do know some inside information please share it with us all.

Is it your contention that they have released these 'pro level' RF lenses and they *won't* then produce high end bodies to go with them? We don't have a roadmap but we can make some pretty robust inferences, even without the rumours, some of which are fairly credible.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2018
Is it your contention that they have released these 'pro level' RF lenses and they *won't* then produce high end bodies to go with them? We don't have a roadmap but we can make some pretty robust inferences, even without the rumours, some of which are fairly credible.
The ‘if’ was never in contention and I hope I didn’t ever intentionally suggest that however, the ‘when’.........

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Optics Patent

Former Nikon (Changes to R5 upon delivery)
Nov 6, 2019
The frustration for me is I’m ready to jump full speed into the R system and buy a swath of new lenses however, there is just not a camera I’m remotely interested in buying.

I switched from Nikon to get the Canon RF lenses, and am getting accustomed to Canon with an inexpensive RP, knowing that bodies will keep improving.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Sorry, it showed up in the new posts in my feed, which is weird but this site does very weird stuff, my post count has gone down several thousand over the last 4 years!
:) No apologies needed. I knew something weird happened and thought it very funny. :)

Upvote 0