Post Your Best Landscapes

Well it looks like with all the excitement of the EOS R and RF lenses not so many pictures are being posted on CR. On the Landscapes if it wasn't for Tony in Oct the last posting was in May !!

Anyway here's two of my latest panoramics, both taken in the Lake District. The first one is beside the River Brathay at sunrise, looking towards the iconic Langdale Pikes. 5DS + EF 35/2 IS, ISO 100, f/9, 1/50 Studio Manfrotto 058 tripod.

The second is looking towards the Langdale Pikes from Wrynose Pass, later in the morning. 5DS + Tamron 85/1.8, ISO 100, f/8, 1/160, Studio Manfrotto 058.

The Tamron 85/1.8 is a beautiful lens as long as you override the normal exposure by around + 2/3 stop
Beautiful pano's! some very interesting landsacpe in the second shot.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Beautiful pictures, Sporgon.
d055.gif

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Beautiful pictures, Sporgon.
d055.gif

Many thanks Click !

Beautiful pano's! some very interesting landsacpe in the second shot.

Many thanks bluediablo. The English Lake District is a beautiful landscape, especially when it doesn't like up to its nickname of The Rain District ! Apparently, going back billions of years to the beginning of the planet, when all the land masses were one, it was a massive volcano around 20 miles high. What we are left with now is the base that has has millennia of further geological activity and weathering. Locally the rocky outcrops like the ones in the picture are known as Pikes; there are many of them in this area called Langdale.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Resolution and output size on the 5DS are so crazily high, that despite massive air diffusion and shooting at f/8, you can see four people on the top of Side Pike ( the crag in the right middle ground) and even see the colour of their clothes. You can also see people on the top of the mountains in the distance - the Langdale Pikes, though here they are just little vertical sticks :)

Attachments

• _MGL4875.jpg
    _MGL4875.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Well it looks like with all the excitement of the EOS R and RF lenses not so many pictures are being posted on CR. On the Landscapes if it wasn't for Tony in Oct the last posting was in May !!

Anyway here's two of my latest panoramics, both taken in the Lake District. The first one is beside the River Brathay at sunrise, looking towards the iconic Langdale Pikes. 5DS + EF 35/2 IS, ISO 100, f/9, 1/50 Studio Manfrotto 058 tripod.

The second is looking towards the Langdale Pikes from Wrynose Pass, later in the morning. 5DS + Tamron 85/1.8, ISO 100, f/8, 1/160, Studio Manfrotto 058.

The Tamron 85/1.8 is a beautiful lens as long as you override the normal exposure by around + 2/3 stop
Really like the second one!

Upvote 0

pj1974

80D, M5, 7D, & lots of glass and accessories!
Oct 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Here is an 11 photo panoramic image of "Second Valley" in South Australia.
My 2 year old daughter exploring in the rocks just in front of me.

Second Valley Panorama_PJ.jpeg

Raw photos taken with my Canon 80D, ISO 100, 10mm, f/10 on my Sigma 8-16mm UWA lens.
Stitched together with Affinity Photo.

So many wonderful images in this thread.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0