Hot Deal: Canon EOS R Body $1499, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $1999 from Adorama

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Man, the R has really dropped in price. I wonder just how fast the RII and Rs are coming? Could we see them even sooner than the current rumors? These really are getting to seem like fire sales.
The drop in price for the 5DIV is much greater, especially when compared to its price at introduction. Does this mean we are nearing the end of the life cycles for these cameras? Or does it simply mean that Canon needs to boost fourth quarter profits before the year ends and is trying to squeeze out every sale they can.

Given the horrible year that camera manufacturers have had, it's no surprise they are cutting prices.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
It is also down to logistics and profit management, big dealers can make bigger orders for products early next year, if their stock is not so big and there are more funds available for other purchases.
Also, more R sales can boost RF lens sales as well.
So, in the end, they still make more money with these sales, small distributors probably can't do it the same way.

The grey market dealers also put some pressure, these cameras have been available for similar prices before there, and in Canon's case, they are 100% identical and having official warranty might not worth it for the price.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm honestly not a fan of the EOS R and I've been using all my EF glass adapted on an A7RIII. However at $1299 I'm considering picking one up just to get back to native AF performance knowing full well that the successor is just around the corner. The new camera will probably stay in the $2500+ ballpark for quite some time and I'd be waiting a while for a discount on that body.

Upvote 0

Photo Hack

Hi there
Apr 8, 2019
All great comments. I bought two bundles with free flash and adapter which I’ll be selling. Plus they’re running the infamous canon pixma rebate. Printer and paper for $50 after rebate. Yeah that baby is going straight to Craigslist after I get my rebate.

So hopefully getting two new US Canon Rs for about $1,050ish each. Not bad would love to have had that extra $200 off if I had their credit card if that’s true.

Upvote 0
I'm honestly not a fan of the EOS R and I've been using all my EF glass adapted on an A7RIII. However at $1299 I'm considering picking one up just to get back to native AF performance knowing full well that the successor is just around the corner. The new camera will probably stay in the $2500+ ballpark for quite some time and I'd be waiting a while for a discount on that body.
I really think that $1299 price I got was a mistake that has been corrected. I think the $200 discount was applied twice on my order from the $1499 that it’s now being listed at. I think I just got lucky with some bad coding.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
All great comments. I bought two bundles with free flash and adapter which I’ll be selling. Plus they’re running the infamous canon pixma rebate. Printer and paper for $50 after rebate. Yeah that baby is going straight to Craigslist after I get my rebate.

So hopefully getting two new US Canon Rs for about $1,050ish each. Not bad would love to have had that extra $200 off if I had their credit card if that’s true.
I’m really beginning to think it was a mistake, not that I had the card. Everyone I forwarded the email to got the $1499 pricing when they clicked the same link I did. I guess this was the benefit of waking up around 6:30 in the am for work.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I really think that $1299 price I got was a mistake that has been corrected. I think the $200 discount was applied twice on my order from the $1499 that it’s now being listed at. I think I just got lucky with some bad coding.

I'm still seeing it at $1299 in my cart right now and so are other people on slickdeals. It's specifically advertised as $1299 after the $200 targeted e-mail offer.

Upvote 0

Photo Hack

Hi there
Apr 8, 2019
I’m really beginning to think it was a mistake, not that I had the card. Everyone I forwarded the email to got the $1499 pricing when they clicked the same link I did. I guess this was the benefit of waking up around 6:30 in the am for work.
I had the same fear and ordered one last night around 1am Midwest time. Ordered second one this morning after seeing it wasn’t a mistake.

Did you get a flash with yours? I wondered if it has something to do with that. Flashpoint V1 is about $279. I already have them so they’ll be sold.

Upvote 0
I had the same fear and ordered one last night around 1am Midwest time. Ordered second one this morning after seeing it wasn’t a mistake.

Did you get a flash with yours? I wondered if it has something to do with that. Flashpoint V1 is about $279. I already have them so they’ll be sold.
No, I just ordered the body. I already have a Flashpoint 600 and two of the 200’s

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nice, I hope others get to take advantage of this too! I wonder what was the qualifier for the email?

It’s a good question and a lot of people are wondering the same thing since a number of repeat BH buyers didn’t end up receiving the offer. Also, the code is only good for a single use which is why the people you forwarded the e-mail to weren’t able to take advantage of the discount.

Upvote 0
The $1499 Eos R wasn’t even the craziest deal. I got an email that got me another $200 off. Maybe it’s bc I have that credit card of theirs, but I bought an R today with free EF to RF adapter for $1299 all in. I’m still not sure if it was a mistake, but the camera is on the way.

CANON RUMORS CO site noted that an Amazon Prime card use would enable $1274 ... so there's some other possible price shifting going on.

Upvote 0