Canon EOS-1D X Mark III appears on latest product list

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The official announcement of the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III inches closer, as according to Nokishita both the EOS-1D X Mark III and WFT-E9 (wireless file transmitter) have appeared on Canon’s latest product list.
We expect an announcement in late January or early February ahead of the CP+ tradeshow.
We have been told to expect the availability of the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III to come in early April.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

bellorusso

Elgar Normunk
Jul 29, 2014
Moscow
www.byazrov.com
Canon has lost this decade to Sony. Let's hope Canon's 2020 will start with some new strategy.
I think one flagship camera is not enough for today's market.
Canon puts all the efforts to cheap cameras, but that market shrinks like something in a cold water. Canon could look at smartphones market. Apple, Google and other release several flagship models at once and do it every year.
I believe, Canon needs at least three current flagship models for different kind of consumers. Alas, Canon only indulges news agencies and older Japanese tourists who are looking for cheap crappy cameras. What about photogs of wildlife, fashion, portraits and all other kinds who prefer more megapixels in a form of a flagship? Canon has completely forgot about us.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Going forward, I wouldn't buy anything EF mount. When they bring the Pro body RF mount out, I expect they will announce RF Supertelephoto lenses to pair with it. DO tech? Maybe, maybe not.
Oh great, that means I can get some real EF bargains!

Being slightly more serious, some EF designs benefit from being used on R mount, specifically the EF 8-15, the EF15, EF14, EF11-24, and all the TS-E lenses but especially the 17. As a large portion of my paid work is done with lenses in this group I'm very happy that an investment in a new mount body actually dramatically increases my functionality and isn't forcing me to buy new lenses as well.

Personally I can see me getting a high resolution R but only using it in specific instances, I'd use my EF mount cameras for 95% of what I do, so for me EF is still very relevant and I can see me getting more EF lenses moving forwards, for the other 5% of the time I will use adapters.For my use I see zero point in buying dedicated RF lenses as I won't have the backwards compatibility and that will severely limit their functionality for my uses.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Canon has lost this decade to Sony. Let's hope Canon's 2020 will start with some new strategy.
Canon puts all the efforts to cheap cameras, but that market shrinks like something in a cold water. Canon could look at smartphones market. Apple, Google and other release several flagship models at once and do it every year.
I believe, Canon needs at least three current flagship models for different kind of consumers. Alas, Canon only indulges news agencies and older Japanese tourists who are looking for cheap crappy cameras. What about photogs of wildlife, fashion, portraits and all other kinds who prefer more megapixels in a form of a flagship? Canon has completely forgot about us.
Canon is doomed. Heard that before.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2014
Canon produces good equipment. But good will not carry them long in a severely shrinking camera market. DSLR shooters will soon be making the decision to move to mirrorless platforms. With the release of new RF lenses, Canon's legacy glass will no longer hold the Canon customer base. Canon must now demonstrate that it is the future of photography and not the past.

Upvote 0
Canon is doomed. Heard that before.

2020 is THE ULTIMATE YEAR where everything is coming all at once for your stills photography and videography desires. Big Lenses, Bigger Sensors and a Fusion of Stills/Video Camera Bodies!

Super-Smartphones with APS-C and 2/3rd Inch Sensors. And cameras with built-in Hi-Res IR (Infrared) and UV (Ultraviolet) capable imaging for your beyond-the-visual-spectrum artists and astro-photographers --- HUUUUUUUGE SENSOR PHOTOSITES --- Extreme Low Light Photography --- 50+ Megapixels --- 30 fps and 60 fps Burst Rates --- IT IS COMING VERY SOON !!!

THIS IS THE YEAR it all happens !!!

So best wishes. A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to each and all !!!!

AND a final December 24, 2019 visual gift to you all ....

Attachments

• A Very Merry Christmas Eve December 24, 2019 Cactus Club Vancouver, Canada Bacon Cheddar Burger.png
    A Very Merry Christmas Eve December 24, 2019 Cactus Club Vancouver, Canada Bacon Cheddar Burger.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 401
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Going forward, I wouldn't buy anything EF mount. When they bring the Pro body RF mount out, I expect they will announce RF Supertelephoto lenses to pair with it. DO tech? Maybe, maybe not.
Yes, by all means, dump that outdated EF mount stuff, especially any supertelephotos you may have. I hope lots of people follow your advice and flood the market.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
You got that right brother. Imagine Canon's flagship at 20MP's all the double talk in the world can't justify such an insulting proposition.

Upvote 0
Being slightly more serious, some EF designs benefit from being used on R mount, specifically the EF 8-15, the EF15, EF14, EF11-24, and all the TS-E lenses but especially the 17. As a large portion of my paid work is done with lenses in this group I'm very happy that an investment in a new mount body actually dramatically increases my functionality and isn't forcing me to buy new lenses as well.

I'm dreaming of a RF 24mm T&S f2.8 this lens should be so much better designed for the rf mount. maybe 2021?

Upvote 0
So best wishes. A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to each and all !!!!

AND a final December 24, 2019 visual gift to you all ....

Thanks, without your comments this community wouldn't be so fantastic.

Do you want to know a secret?
I know you want.

Canon is working on foveon sensors. They will be ready for the second ML sensor generation. Canon eos RIV or RV will have it. The new sensor generation from the 90d ecc. is at the moment good enough to compete against sony sensors. And then bam.

What about your rumor of the MF Canon? Still in the works?

Upvote 0
Thanks, without your comments this community wouldn't be so fantastic.

Do you want to know a secret?
I know you want.

Canon is working on foveon sensors. They will be ready for the second ML sensor generation. Canon eos RIV or RV will have it. The new sensor generation from the 90d ecc. is at the moment good enough to compete against sony sensors. And then bam.

What about your rumor of the MF Canon? Still in the works?

Let's just say that you need to wait until the new year just a tad few days after CES 2020 when something BIG is coming ... IT IS NOT OUR 50.3 megapixel MF camera which is coming later...but rather a "VERY VERY INTERESTING RUMOUR" which I haven't yet confirmed yet with certain Asian "engineering sources" but when I saw the example in-the-wild-imagery from my usual European sources, I was EXTREMELY IMPRESSED that Canon is even contemplating "this" !!!!

It's a Doozy from Canon!

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
How do these, particularly the TSE's, benefit from R mounting?
Because you can easily use PL and ND filters with the adapter, it is very awkward or expensive to use filters with most of my listed lenses, the TS-E 24-50-90-135 can use regular filters but using an adapter means one fits them all and you will never get filter vignetting however much you tilt and shift.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0