EOS R related announcements coming for CP+ [CR2]

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Where did you find that mistake riddled quote?

The 1D X Mark II has dual DiG!C 6+ processors. The 1D X Mark III has a single DiG!C X processor with significantly more computing power than two DiG!C 6+ processors combined.

One stop improvement is much more than "slightly better." It's double the efficiency.

What does, "... with the help of the that we may notice..." even mean?
Hey, I just quouted a randon post. I leave the technical stuff to others. Cut and paste the text to google and you'll find it.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Where did you find that mistake riddled quote?

The 1D X Mark II has dual DiG!C 6+ processors. The 1D X Mark III has a single DiG!C X processor with significantly more computing power than two DiG!C 6+ processors combined.

One stop improvement is much more than "slightly better." It's double the efficiency.

What does, "... with the help of the that we may notice..." even mean?
Here: http://thenewcamera.com/canon-1dx-mark-iii-vs-canon-1dx-mark-ii/

From what I understand the DX III also has a digic 6 thrown in. Correction: "The camera is powered by Canon’s new Digic X processor, which allows for a native ISO range of 100-102,400 that can be expanded to 50-819,200. The new 191-point autofocus system in the viewfinder uses its own Digic 8 processor and is capable of tracking subjects’ heads and faces. So there you go. Digic X and Digic 8.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Here: http://thenewcamera.com/canon-1dx-mark-iii-vs-canon-1dx-mark-ii/

From what I understand the DX III also has a digic 6 thrown in. Correction: "The camera is powered by Canon’s new Digic X processor, which allows for a native ISO range of 100-102,400 that can be expanded to 50-819,200. The new 191-point autofocus system in the viewfinder uses its own Digic 8 processor and is capable of tracking subjects’ heads and faces. So there you go. Digic X and Digic 8.

The DiG!C 8 controls AF/metering in the 1D X Mark III in the same way that what was essentially a DiG!C 5 controlled AF/metering in the 1D X Mark II and 5D Mark IV.

For image processing, the 1D X Mark II used dual DiG!C 6+ processors. The 1D X mark III uses a single DiG!C X processor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
The DiG!C 8 controls AF/metering in the 1D X Mark III in the same way that what was essentially a DiG!C 5 controlled AF/metering in the 1D X Mark II and 5D Mark IV.

For image processing, the 1D X Mark II used dual DiG!C 6+ processors. The 1D X mark III uses a single DiG!C X processor.
Not the point and really doesn't matter. More than 1 processor is used for the whole sheeeee bang. Would not the metering have to do, in part, with the total output ability? RE better DR? I don't know. Don't really care. Do you know? The point is better DR. How that is accomplished, ultimately, is pure speculation on anyone's part around these parts on the internet forum. I've said it before. I'll say it again: The tech side is not within my realm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0