Canon will release four new full-frame cameras in 2020 [CR2]

You know these Canon cameras take still photos too, right?

Let me give you two examples:

1) I'm shooting a sports event and I want raw images for post processing, but also want JPEGs for immediate posting on social media; AND
2) I'm shooting portraits at an event, and we want to print quick JPEGs for immediate use, by transferring from a memory card, and also save raw files for better post processing and providing online.

I have had both those happen in the last two months and #2 used my R, but ran into problems when my assistant accidentally deleted the photos of the card that were supposed to have been kept.
The only solutions I see here to these first world problems is you should not have bought an R and fire your assistant. If you have enough money for an assistant and like two cards why did you not buy a second R and take the same pic on both cameras.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The only solutions I see here to these first world problems is you should not have bought an R and fire your assistant. If you have enough money for an assistant and like two cards why did you not buy a second R and take the same pic on both cameras.

because my "assistant" was a high school junior who volunteered and was tech savvy. I have camera bodies with both single and double card slots. I don't have to have them, but on rare occasions they come in very handy. As such, I would rather have one than not have one, but I bought the R without one, so it clearly isn't a requirement.

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Well that's one and counting....seriously though folks, the 5DV would be one amazing camera, possibly with that nifty AF trackball thingy from the 1DX3.

I truly enjoy this site, insightful comments, helpful hints but the overall intelligence level has plummeted as of late with fights over card slots, anything Sony related and saying things such as "Nobody wants________". Pure nonsense. Let's keep it civil please. It's making the Ye Olde 'Canon vs Nikon' arguments of yesteryear seem chivalrous by comparison. Maybe that's the reason we haven't seen Neuro very much?

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Well that's one and counting....seriously though folks, the 5DV would be one amazing camera, possibly with that nifty AF trackball thingy from the 1DX3.

I truly enjoy this site, insightful comments, helpful hints but the overall intelligence level has plummeted as of late with fights over card slots, anything Sony related and saying things such as "Nobody wants________". Pure nonsense. Let's keep it civil please. It's making the Ye Olde 'Canon vs Nikon' arguments of yesteryear seem chivalrous by comparison. Maybe that's the reason we haven't seen Neuro very much?

Time to un-check this thread for sure. Typical of a rumour that really doesn't have any meat, so what else is there to say.

Jack

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011

You took the 1 message troll too seriously!

Allow me to repost

Every photographer I know is perched on the fence ready to jump ship to Sony (or Fuji) if Canon doesn't drop an A7RIV equivalent in an R series mirrorless format before spring wedding season kicks off. GEEZ. Whats the dealio Canon? Nobody wants a new DSLR format 5D MKV. Though it would be WONDERFUL if one of the new R bodies was a Sony a7III equivalent (with 2 card slots) and priced accordingly.

:p NEW TROLL WARNING! :p

• Haha
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
The super affordable full frame RF camera... It's literally just a full frame sensor hooked up to a battery and a memory card. You have to keep in a dark fabric bag and quickly and carefully wave it behind a lens whenever you want to take a photo. It will be $300 and budget conscious shooters will rejoice. Tony Northrup will spend hours geeking out over this revolutionary new way to take photos. People waiting for a higher end mirrorless will be severely disappointed.
Nonsense, even if it is just a sensor and a battery if they put two card slots on it and it does 24p then it will be the influencers darling and everybody will faun over it. "Cheapest camera a true pro can use", "new form factor for the pro and serious amateur photographer", "Canon break the mould and advance the form factor for Pro's" would be the headlines.

Of course the following week some other company will fly the influencers to a nice location and lend them a new model for their never ending need for 'content' and the bargain RF will be forgotten by everybody but the fools that bought into it, but they can rest easy knowing if they ever had the time or inclination they could start a YouTube channel with a cinematic feel and if they ever bothered to use two cards they could have "backup".

</cynicism> :)

• Haha
Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2015
"same pic" on both cameras would be impossible.

Upvote 0