Will Canon Stopped Develop EF Lens Line Up?

Jul 21, 2010
I think many here are in denial. Sony is very competitive with their mirror less cameras. Fast, silent and light.
The Canon R is currently not an alternative for the pro line of EF, they need the lens line up first. Canon now (inadvertently?) announced they will
Your implication is that Sony is the choice for pros. The Super Bowl is coming up – count the Sony stills cameras you see on the sidelines and on the field after the game, compared to Canon or Nikon. Let us know if Sony is the most-used brand.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Your implication is that Sony is the choice for pros. The Super Bowl is coming up – count the Sony stills cameras you see on the sidelines and on the field after the game, compared to Canon or Nikon. Let us know if Sony is the most-used brand.
No, that won't be the case. Canon is way ahead of anyone else. But when technology changes, the leaders often take the longest to change to the new paradigm, sometimes too long (e.g. Kodak).
All I am saying is that Canon seems to realize the times are changing, and they need to embrace mirror less fully. If not, that image you are painting may change rapidly.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
All I am saying is that Canon seems to realize the times are changing, and they need to embrace mirror less fully.
So in the DSLR, just use half a mirror? I don't follow. As it is, they make DSLRs for people who want them, and mirrorless for those who want them, and Powershots for those who want them.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
But if you do that, and see that 90 percent of the cameras are Canon, isn’t that proof that Canon is doomed?

Upvote 0