Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

No it isn't. It's an old photo from the EOS R / R mount announcement, cropped to remove the badge, with your reheated leaks written in hyperbole. Which you in turn are now posting here, for clicks. This is annoying - this release clearly has you rattled, you're normally not this jumpy with crap like this. It's not an official post, nor an official blog. It's another rumor site, like yours.

That's not an R. in either image. The R has two small buttons to the side of the LCD, one for illuminating the LCD panel, this camera does not have that button.

there's a pc sync port on the R5, and the lens release is shaped differently. as well as with appears to be an additional button / DOF preview. Even the shutter button is different.

while it could be a good photoshop job, it's certainly not the R

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
This comes from a reputable European media outlet.
Good to know. I'm having a hard time getting too excited though if all this will be is a vague announcement with vague specs and one photo. Don't get me wrong, come May June I will be eagerly anticipating this, and I'm extremely glad to see a real pro mirrorless body finally showing up. But I'm not gonna lose my mind until it's a month or two away from me actually being able to have this camera, especially if just detailed photos and info about the camera are still a month or two out.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Good to know. I'm having a hard time getting too excited though if all this will be is a vague announcement with vague specs and one photo. Don't get me wrong, come May June I will be eagerly anticipating this, and I'm extremely glad to see a real pro mirrorless body finally showing up. But I'm not gonna lose my mind until it's a month or two away from me actually being able to have this camera, especially if just detailed photos and info about the camera are still a month or two out.

It will be a development announcement, they are always vague. See the EOS-1D X Mark III development announcement.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
It will be a development announcement, they are always vague. See the EOS-1D X Mark III development announcement.
Yes I understand, but up until recently, it was unclear if it would just be this, or a more detailed announcement. Again, thanks for digging up the info, I'm thrilled to see confirmations of such a great camera taking shape, but it appears more and more likely that the time to really be excited is still a few months out.

Upvote 0
Mirrorlesrumors reports the EOS-R5 is not coming anytime soon... So who to believe :)

I was just reading an article over there that said Sigma is on the fence over making lenses for the RF mount.Which makes me sad because I don’t have $2-3k per pop to spend on Canon made native glass :(

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
That's not an R. in either image. The R has two small buttons to the side of the LCD, one for illuminating the LCD panel, this camera does not have that button.

there's a pc sync port on the R5, and the lens release is shaped differently. as well as with appears to be an additional button / DOF preview. Even the shutter button is different.

while it could be a good photoshop job, it's certainly not the R

For body design, to me it's all about the prospect of a chunkier grip + 5D-like feature set (most notably a thumbwheel) while retaining the tilty-flippy.

Do you really care (for this class of camera) if the body gets an 20-25mm wider for all those controls? I argue you shouldn't care about a compact body getting a little bigger if it is going to take up a ton of bag space due to lens choice anyway:

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 10.59.03 AM.png

Compact FF bodies are nice, and Canon should still offer them. But at this price point, for these users, please give me back my damn 5D creature comforts and chunky grip.

- A

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Why would they put a DOF button on a mirrorless camera? I'm not convinced this is actual photo.
Um, so you can preview the DOF?? Bear in mind, at least as far as I remember, the EOS R has never shown DOF in real time, unless you assign a button to do that, just like a DSLR.

Also, that button was programmable to many different things on the 5D MkIV.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0