Coronavirus and Canon production

David_E

Macrophotography
Sep 12, 2019
www.flickr.com
But that is not the point.
The point is: We have to wait longer until we can hold our new R5 in our hands ...
What a tragedy for us. My condolences for us. Truly, the saddest part of this plague is not the untimely loss of loved ones, breadwinners who will leave starving children behind, and the like. The real pain is borne by wealthy people like you and me, who are likely to suffer delays in our acquisitions of luxury goods.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
I don’t know man. I think it is very hard to judge. The Spanish flue had a mortality rate of 2,5 % of infected cases and it ended up killing 50 million people. 2,5% is very close to mortality rate of corona. This could be as serious as the Spanish flue.
Let’s hope summer and modern medicine will help us.

Everyone seems to foget the H1N1 pandemic of 2009-2010 killed over 400,000 people and there were over 60 million reported cases and over 12,000 deaths alone in the USA and unusually over 80% were of people UNDER 65 not like the current that old and chronically sick are the susceptible.
This Corona by comparison is nothing and will likely fade fairly quickly as they are already introducing a vaccine and the Swiss have been on top of it as well working with the USA.

Upvote 0

Mahk43

EOS R6
CR Pro
Feb 28, 2020
France
www.clarenc.art
I wonder if this will have an impact on the 1DX III shipments? I've ordered mine a while back and it's still on back order. I'm told the first shipment was quite small.

Logistics are still working quite well also with infected countries so if your camera is allready built and packed, should be delivered on time
But if not... :poop:

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
On a different note, when he does so many video's, why is the lighting so bad? Her look in close up is all wrong. Hmmm. Northrup if you are seeing this let me know and I will fix it all for you for the future! :)

I think it is just her....not so much the lighting....
[ducks, runs for cover]

jk

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Everyone seems to foget the H1N1 pandemic of 2009-2010 killed over 400,000 people and there were over 60 million reported cases and over 12,000 deaths alone in the USA and unusually over 80% were of people UNDER 65 not like the current that old and chronically sick are the susceptible.
This Corona by comparison is nothing and will likely fade fairly quickly as they are already introducing a vaccine and the Swiss have been on top of it as well working with the USA.
H1N1 had a death rate of about 0.02% of people who caught it. While the data on COVID-19 is still new, it's thought to be about 2%.

So, if this spreads as easily as H1N1 but is confirmed to be about 100 times more deadly, yes, I'd say it's worth concern.

Upvote 0

If you are looking at a virus that is already played out, then the absolute numbers can easily look very dramatic. The typical flue looks pretty dramatic, when viewed in absolute numbers. What you are missing is that the estimated mortality rate of H1N1was 0,01%-0,08%, where as the current estimated mortality rate of corona is just above 2%.
If current mortality rate estimates are correct and corona infects as many people as H1N1 did, then we are looking at death tolls that will absolutely dwarf the swine flue epidemic of 2009.

Mortality estimates could easily be way off though and luckily summer is just around the corner. There is a good chance, that warmer weather will slow down the spread.

Upvote 0

joestopper

Rrr...
Feb 4, 2020
What a tragedy for us. My condolences for us. Truly, the saddest part of this plague is not the untimely loss of loved ones, breadwinners who will leave starving children behind, and the like. The real pain is borne by wealthy people like you and me, who are likely to suffer delays in our acquisitions of luxury goods.

If you cannot read the irony in posts then abstain from replying and from accusing me with absurd statements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Upvote 0
In my understanding - Virus, unlike bacteria is not affected by temperatures that we can survive in.

I am not a doctor or a biologist, so I am not sure exactly how it works, but I believe there’s a lot that goes in to how viruses spread. It might not be the warm weather that directly effect the survivability of the virus, but rather how easily it travels from one host to next.
Just the fact that people spend less time indoors, close to other people, in the summer time makes it harder for infections to spread.
But as others have mentioned, there’s no guarantee that summer will actually slow the spread.

Upvote 0

Rule556

I see no reason for recording the obvious. -Weston
Dec 19, 2019
Seattle
www.flickr.com
The economic impact of the Corona virus is not only going to impact supply chains, but sales. People will not be traveling, I'd give the Olympics a 80% chance of being cancelled. Its already caused my orders from China to be put on hold. Truck drivers are going to stop all but essential hauling of food and medical supplies, its going to be horrible. I don't live near Seattle, but my son sent photos of a grocery store stripped of long term essentials, just empty shelves.

I'm in Seattle... Currently things are calm, other than jerks buying racks of cleaning stuff to sell online, but we're all waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Upvote 0