Save up to $600 with Canon USA instant rebates

StoicalEtcher

CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Yorkshire
Imagine the damage to Canon corp if it ever offered a deal any where other than the US, UK and Japan. But hey I am more than happy to pay almost double the price less than 5 km from from the US border to help subsidize American's discounts. #CanonHatesCanada
Genuine question here - from a Brit; I'm not trying to be facetious - how problematic is it to go across the border to make your purchases? Are there controls about value of goods brought back in, paying extra taxes, etc? (It's a different kettle of fish, but bringing stuff back from the States to the UK is both tempting (cheaper) and expensive if one runs into Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs officers ;)

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Imagine the damage to Canon corp if it ever offered a deal any where other than the US, UK and Japan. But hey I am more than happy to pay almost double the price less than 5 km from from the US border to help subsidize American's discounts. #CanonHatesCanada
What bullshit. Canada's exchange rate is the biggest impactor on your local pricing plus you are paying for your healthcare and social services as well as your camera. In the USA you get a separate monthly bill for your healthcare, social services are virtually non existent to people with the disposable income to buy Canon cameras and L lenses.

But the exchange rate is the bigger point, I live in Florida and when I bought my two 1DX MkII's the cheapest way to get them, by a long way, was to buy them in Canada tax free, I paid US$4,750 each for mine when they were over US$5,500 in the USA via CPW. My 11-24 came from Canada too.

Further, the current listing for a 1DX III on Camera Canada is CND$8,999 and that includes US$800 worth of extras, that is US$6,702. B&H list the 1DX III at US$6,499 with US$300 worth of extras.

The Camera Canada offer is better...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
There are big discounts on Canon gear here in Oz too.
10-15% off all R bodies and lenses and they are giving away free standard lenses with the new 90D and M6.
I often think that Australia has very compeditive prices considering our exchange rate and the 10%GST we have to pay on purchases, although the tax is included in the price and not added on after the sale like sales tax is in the US.
I just bought a new RF24-104 from a local B&M store and if I bought it from a Chinese grey market seller, I would have only saved about $20.

Upvote 0