There are delays in production for both the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Mortality rate in Northern Italy is closer to 4.6%, they are worried it's a mutated strain it's seems much more virulent than in China. Italy's detahs are rising over 150 per day and accelrating it seems, already over 1000.

I don't know how accurate it is, but I've seen reports that say northern Italy has one of the highest percentages anywhere of population over 80 years of age. The virus seems to be more severe in 80+ patients with a much higher mortality rate than for people younger than 60.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Seems this is just out:

The Sony fan club won't appreciate this very much or Tony either.

A beast for subject detection and tracking performance for animals and people
Canon Inc. also confirms the EOS R5 supports advanced animal AF – recognising dogs, cats and birds, relying not only on the eyes of the animal but also the face and body for situations when the eyes are not visible.

Jack

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Thanks for posting this. If accurate, and I have no reason to believe it isn't, this really puts things into perspective. Interesting that seasonal flu is killing 16 times as many people every day.
Except that the common seasonal flu kills less than .1% (point 1 %). Covid-19 is killing 3.5% in the USA according to the charts. Covid-19 is just beginning. This is precisely why the world is in a tizzy. 3 days ago the death toll was 500 in Italy. 1,000 today.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Except that the common seasonal flu kills less than .1% (point 1 %). Covid-19 is killing 3.5% in the USA according to the charts. Covid-19 is just beginning.

It's a very big assumption that the number of actual cases is anywhere near as low as the number of confirmed cases. Especially when test kits are scarce in the US. It's much more likely that the number of deaths attributed to Covid-19 is accurate. We've likely got 20X as many people infected right now as we think we do. Of course some of those infected that we don't know about yet will eventually die. Only after patients get sick enough to seek medical attention do we learn they had an onset of symptoms many days earlier.

1*r-ddYhoUtP_se6x-NOEinA.png

Upvote 0
Except that the common seasonal flu kills less than .1% (point 1 %). Covid-19 is killing 3.5% in the USA according to the charts.
I highly doubt it does. You don't get a chance of dying from infection by dividing the current number of deaths by the current number of known cases.
People mix up so called case fatally rate and mortality rate.

Upvote 0
Seems this is just out:

Canon Inc. also confirms the EOS R5 supports advanced animal AF – recognising dogs, cats and birds, relying not only on the eyes of the animal but also the face and body for situations when the eyes are not visible.

Jack

This is a complete wow.

I was thinking on the negative side that 8K would be contrast AF or without 8K .. to get DPAF in EIGHT FREAKING KAY™ is just a complete stunner. and it doesn't even need a fan to pull this off.

A7R IV who?
Panasonic S1H? what? It needs a freaking fan...
A7s Mark III IV Maybe V now

Cat, Dog, Bird, eye/body/face AF is sure to be a hit as well. IMO, Series 7 APS-C just got killed. R5 is ~ 18MP at a 1.6 crop factor. 7D Mark II was only 20MP. No difference really.

Upvote 0
Seems this is just out:

Jack

I am not see insect eye detect. Guess I will have to wait for the r5mk5 or something.

On a serious note how beastly will the R1 be?

Going to be a lot of crow eating.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I am not see insect eye detect. Guess I will have to wait for the r5mk5 or something.

On a serious note how beastly will the R1 be?

It will be officially subtitled as the: "The one camera to rule them all™"

In all honesty, unless Canon does a global shutter sensor I can't see what they could do in terms of wow factor that the R5 isn't already doing.

Canon *does* have a global shutter sensor. but you'd have to deal with losing at least 1EV of DR using it. That may not be a problem though for a sports camera. With the exception of the fact that you'd lose it at all ISO's .. so that could be more problematic for high ISO.

Upvote 0
It will be officially subtitled as the: "The one camera to rule them all™"

In all honesty, unless Canon does a global shutter sensor I can't see what they could do in terms of wow factor that the R5 isn't already doing.

Canon *does* have a global shutter sensor. but you'd have to deal with losing at least 1EV of DR using it. That may not be a problem though for a sports camera. With the exception of the fact that you'd lose it at all ISO's .. so that could be more problematic for high ISO.

I bet they add 8k 60p, 4k 240p or some such. That being said I agree what else can they do? I bet they have something in reserve for the R1, but maybe it boils down to EVF, CFE cards, and maybe 8k60p and more fps.

Upvote 0
I bet they add 8k 60p, 4k 240p or some such. That being said I agree what else can they do? I bet they have something in reserve for the R1, but maybe it boils down to EVF, CFE cards, and maybe 8k60p and more fps.
it won't do 8K.

It may do something like 4K120 though maybe 4K120 = 8K30.. right? maybe 6k60p as well?

It will have the fancy AF on joystick too ;)

Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
Edmonds here. We’re all at home. I’m lucky and can work from home, my wife is a teacher and is just home waiting. Both teenage kids are home and staying there. Talking about cameras is a welcome diversion from the news.

Stay safe out there! (y)

Hehe..

We were up super early this morning too. We're retired and can hibernate (and do, too much).

Unfortunately with age, comes the pharmacy.. Ugh..

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Edmonds here. We’re all at home. I’m lucky and can work from home, my wife is a teacher and is just home waiting. Both teenage kids are home and staying there. Talking about cameras is a welcome diversion from the news.

Stay safe out there! (y)
Microsoft here in Irving, Tx is going to send employees to work from home starting Monday and has canceled all travel. Where my son in law works they will shut down completely.

Upvote 0